Safeguarding Children – Photographic Policy
Faversham RUFC recognises the need to ensure the welfare and safety of all young people in Rugby Union.
As part of our commitment to ensure the safety of young people we will endeavour to prevent photographs, video or other images, including those taken via mobile phones, of young people to be taken or used without the consent of the parents/carers and the young person. However as Faversham Recreation Ground is a public space we cannot guarantee that this will always be possible.
We will follow the RFU/RFUW guidance (see below) for the use of images of young people and will take all steps to ensure these images are used solely for the promotion and celebration of Rugby at Faversham
Images may be published on the Faversham RUFC website, at www.favershamrugby.co.uk . If you become aware that these or any other images are being used inappropriately you should inform the Club Welfare Officer.
RFU / RFUW Guidelines
1. Ensure parents/guardian/young person have granted their consent for the taking and publication of photographic images and have signed and returned the Parent/ Guardian and Young Person Permission Form.
2. All young people must be appropriately dressed for the activity taking place.
3. Photography or recording should focus on the activity rather than a particular young person and personal details which might make a young person vulnerable, such as their exact address, must never be revealed.
4. Where an individual has achieved success in the game (e.g. when selected for representative side or showing triumph over adversity) permission must be gained from parent/guardian and young person to use photographs/recordings and relevant details.
5. Where possible, to reflect the RFU/RFUW Equity Policy, photographs/recordings should represent the diverse range of young people participating in rugby.
6. Anyone taking photographs or recording at any rugby event must have a valid reason for doing so and seek the permission of the organisers/persons in charge.
7. Anyone taking photographs or recording should make themselves known to the event organisers/persons in charge and be able to identify themselves if requested during the course of the event.
8. All concerns regarding inappropriate or intrusive photography should be reported in confidence to the RFU Child Protection Manager via the Rugby Club or Constituent Body Welfare Manager.