Feltham RFC was founded as Old Twickenhamians in 1947 by former pupils of Twickenham Technical College who had found themselves back at night school after de-mob. In the early days, the club played on the college playing fields.
After a few seasons the club moved to a new home at Spelthorne Social Club. Without showering facilities, the teams used an outside hosepipe to wash down after the match. Something which the current players haven't quite had to resort to yet despite the recent difficulties!
Once again in the mid 1960s it was time to move and the club was able to hire three perfect pitches on Hanworth Airpark which had served as an aerodrome during World War II. Feltham Council insisted that whoever hired the pitches should change their name to Feltham RFC. This remains where Feltham has played rugby for the last 45 years.
In our most successful season, 1996/97 we were Herts/Middx 4 unbeaten league champions and semi finalists in the Middlesex Cup where we lost to the eventual winners. In that same season we won 31 of our 33 matches under the captaincy of Greg Bryce. Click on the picture to see that team in all it's glory!
In 2006/7 we won the Herts/Middx league again, this time when Richard Bennett led the team.