Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Flint Mountain Football Club app


Flint Mountain FC - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Flint Mountain
Mostyn Dragons
D Evans (53'), J Aitken (78')
Full time
Unknown (55')
Thu 3 May 18:30 - North East Wales Football League - Premier Division

Mountain Slay The Dragons

A Jack Aitken strike twelve minutes from time secures the win against a stubborn Mostyn side

With two convincing victories over the last week, Flint Mountain were looking to build momentum as they moved towards the bank holiday weekend, with three games over five days. The first of which was the visit of Mostyn Dragons to the Northop Hall Pavilion. The Mountain kept faith with most of the side that beat Mold Town at the weekend, with just Phil Marshall replacing Dylan Roberts, who dropped to the substitutes bench. Also joining Roberts on the bench were the returning Leon Pickford and Jon Edmonds, now available after an injury suffered on his debut.

The first half proved to be a drab affair, as both teams looked for an opening. The Mountain did manage to get into some good positions, but did not threaten the Mostyn goalkeeper. The best chance of the half, however, fell to Mostyn who should have scored. Running through on goal one on one, the player fluffed his lines, sending the ball high over the bar.

In the second half, the introduction of Leon Pickford and Jon Edmonds helped, with their pace starting to cause problems. With seven minutes of the half gone, Flint Mountain won a free kick outside the Mostyn penalty area. Pickford stepped up and curled an effort towards the bottom corner. The Mostyn goalkeeper saved well down to his left, but Mountain left back Dylan Evans got to the ball ahead of his Mostyn counterpart, and smashed the rebound into the back of the net.

That lead was short-lived though, as Mostyn equalised just two minutes later. Sloppy defending allowed a long ball forward to reach the Mostyn striker, who made no mistake as his fierce shot flew past Kirk Russell and into the net. The score remained the same until twelve minutes from time, when Jack Aitken restored the lead for Flint Mountain. Picking up the ball on the right, Aitken exchanged passes with Sean Wilkes, before beating his man in the penalty area and slotting the ball into the bottom corner.

Both teams looked for further goals in the final few minutes, with Mostyn fired a shot wide and Jon Edmonds had a chance to kill of the game in the final couple of minutes, but his shot was straight at the Mostyn goalkeeper. Flint Mountain held on, however, to claim another three points and a third successive victory.

Next up for Flint Mountain is a trip to face Acton at Rhosnesni High School on Saturday. With both sides sat just a point apart in the table and looking upwards, the game will surely be one to watch.


Key moments

Goal Dylan Evans scores for Flint Mountain
Goal Goal for Mostyn Dragons
Goal Jack Aitken scores for Flint Mountain


View 0 new events
78:00 Goal 2 - 1
Jack Aitken scores for Flint Mountain
55:00 Goal 1 - 1
Goal for Mostyn Dragons
53:00 Goal 1 - 0
Dylan Evans scores for Flint Mountain
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Flint Mountain
  • Mostyn Dragons
  • 0
  • Dylan Evans Goal 53:00'
  • Goal 55:00'
  • Jack Aitken Goal 78:00'

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Mold Town Utd


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Plas Madoc FC 26 69
2. Penyffordd Lions 26 60
3. Offa Athletic 26 57
4. Airbus Broughton UK Youth 26 49
5. Connahs Quay Nomads U18 26 49
6. Acton FC 26 46
7. Flint Mountain 26 44


Club sponsors