Child Protection Policy
Fordingbridge Rugby Club Child Protection Policy
- The Club recognises that the child's welfare is paramount. In this policy "child" covers all young persons under the age of 18.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, ability or disability, gender, language, racial origin, religious belief or sexual identity, have the right to protection from abuse.
- Any suspicions or allegations of abuse will be taken seriously, and responded to swiftly & appropriately.
- We recognise that abuse may be emotional, neglect, physical, or sexual.
- All coaches, and other adults in the club having regular contact with children will sign a copy of this policy to confirm that they understand & will adhere to the principles of both this policy, and also the Club Code of Conduct & Good Practice for Coaches & Referees.
- All coaches, and other adults in the club having regular contact with children will
- The Club will keep written records of player attendance, parental contact details, parental consent, and accidents.
- A written procedure for dealing with suspicions or allegations of child abuse is available to coaches, officials, and parents.
- All coaches & referees will have attended an official training course. Parents and other "untrained" adults will only be allowed to help with the training & supervision of children, under the supervision of a trained coach.
- The club will ensure that any discrimination, whether by adults or other children, will be challenged and prohibited.
- The club will investigate and take appropriate action in any cases of bullying, whether by an adult or a child.
- We will have a named person in the Club, who is responsible for child protection within the club, and to whom any issues of child protection should be raised in the first instance. The Club Safeguarding Officer at Fordingbridge is Kate Lewis.