Introducing our new partners…
You may have seen some new names donning the first team and training tops of the club this season – it’s about time we introduced them properly!
Our CEO, Ryan McKnight explains the long wait on new partners:
“Over the past fourteen or so months I have been at Frickley I’ve got to know the club, the business and the community. My conclusion was that we needed to bring in new partners to not only freshen up things but also to take the pressure off the people and organisations who have acted as the last line of defence commercially for so long. I’m delighted that all of those have also remained with us whilst we have brought new companies into the football club.
Additionally I have realised that the traditional manner of growing the commercial side of a club is not going to work at Frickley – we need to come at it from a completely different angle. I’m excited about this and the partnerships we’ve engaged in below are a reflection of how this is going to work in the future.
Finally, with the our Community Foundation now up and running (with great early success) we have an opportunity to talk in a different and new way with potential partners.
I’d like to properly introduce Friends of Frickley Country Park (Main Kit Sponsors) and Fidelis (Training Kit Sponsors)
We’ll be working with all three on some exciting projects for the football club and community foundation. Of course we are always keen to hear from other organisations who share the same vision about the area as we do”.
1. Friends of Frickley Country Park
The overall aim of the group is:
To work towards improving Frickley Country Park by preserving the beauty and enhancing the natural environment of the park whilst ensuring that the area is safe and enjoyed by all. The Group shall seek to achieve this by:
* raising levels of interest and promoting community participation whilst providing the local community with the opportunity to become members of the group
* preserving the beauty and enhancing the natural environment of Frickley Country Park for everyone
* sharing skills and knowledge to create a sustainable group
* promoting the work of the group by working with partners such as Wakefield Metropolitan District Council (WMDC), NHS Wakefield District, Groundwork Wakefield, Frickley Country Park Liaison Committee and any other relevant agencies or bodies to develop and deliver projects
* actively seeking to publicise the work of the group, its projects and initiatives through the use of newspaper articles, news letters, internet web sites, public information events and any other relevant media.
2. Fidelis Energy
Fidelis Energy help organisations buy their utilities at the most competitive price possible. Additionally they have bespoke Sports Club model that sees a significant percentage of their revenues redistributed back into sports clubs.
The club would like to thank both these new partners & also to our existing partners - they are essential for the stability & growth of Frickley Athletic
Updated 09:17 - 4 Oct 2018 by Michael Johnson