Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Frickley Athletic FC app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
FC United of Manchester
Frickley Athletic
Sat 4 May 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League Northern Premier - Premier Division Full time Attendance 2,124

FC United of Manchester 3-0 Frickley Athletic

Frickley made a game effort to unsettle United before their play-off semi-final, but ended their League campaign empty-handed.

The home side were straight into action, a cross from the right finding Matthew Walwyn at the back post in the second minute, only for his close range shot to be deflected just wide.

A long clearance in the eighth minute found Chris Wood in the clear, but FC goalkeeper Jon Worsnop closed him down quickly and his shot zipped just off target.

Astley Mulholland managed to get away from Jason Yates on the left two minutes later and pulled the ball back for Tom Greaves to strike from six yards and gave United the advantage.

A cross from Terry Barwick was met in the home penalty area by Jake Picton, only for him to head straight at Worsnop.

Greaves rattled the bar with a first time shot as United kept up the pressure, although some neat exchanges between Matty Bloor and Luke Hinsley split the home cover in the 26th minute with Hinsley's shot from the edge of the penalty area curling just wide.

A deep free-kick by Lee Stratford in the 36th minute saw Wood head wide at the far post, and the Blues were made to pay three minutes later when Walwyn cut inside from the left and found the net with a sizzling drive.

Hinsley picked up a cross from Jason Yates in the 43rd minute, only to have two shots blocked by the United cover while, at the other end, Greg Daniels headed over after a cross from the right.

The second half saw Sergio Rodriguez go close with a 25 yard drive before Frickley responded in the 61st minute, another accurate free-kick by Stratford dropping to Hinsley whose shot was blocked, and Gavin Allott saw his effort from the rebound diverted for a corner, from which Ghaichem lifted his shot over from 15 yards.

Allott was making his presence felt and cut in from the right before having his shot from the acutest of angles deflected wide for a corner and then in the 68th minute a ball over the top saw Allott sprint clear but Worsnop raced out of his goal to blo0ck with his knees 25 yards out.

United were dangerous on the counter and a deep cross from the right in the 71st minute was headed in at the back post by Mike Norton for their third goal.

Frickley refused to give in, Hinsley winning the ball in the 74th minute and forcing Worsnop to turn his 18 yard drive round an upright.

Jamie Green got down well to block a shot from Matthew Wolfenden in the 79th minute, while Allott sprinted nearly the full length of the pitch before picking out Joe Kenny four minutes later, only for his shot to be blocked and cleared.

FC United: Jon Worsnop, Dave Birch, Greg Daniels (Matthew Wolfenden 54min), Sergio Rodriguez (Oliver Banks 63min), Lewis Lacy, Kevin Mairika, Astley Mulholland, Matthew Tierney, Tom Greaves (Mike Norton 51min), Jerome Wright, Matthew Walwyn; unused subs, Lee Neville, Jake Cottrell.

Frikley: Jamie Green, Jason Yates (Jamie Wootton 8min), Lee Stratford, Jake Picton, Luke Jeffs, Joe Wilcox, Terry Barwick, Matt Bloor, Luke Hinsley, Chris Wood (Gavin Allott 60min), Jimmy Ghaichem (Joe Kenny 78min); unused subs, Joe Davies, Zack Levers.

Referee: Mr Ollie Yates

Gate: 2,124.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division results

Whitby Town
Grantham Town
Worksop Town
AFC Fylde
Hednesford Town
Kendal Town
Nantwich Town

League table

# Team Pl Pts
16. Blyth Spartans 42 51
17. Matlock Town 42 45
18. Frickley Athletic 42 39
19. Grantham Town 42 36
20. Stocksbridge Park Steels 42 36
21. Kendal Town 42 33
22. Eastwood Town 42 15

Team sponsors


Club sponsors