Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Frickley Athletic FC app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Harrogate Town
Frickley Athletic
Sat 6 Oct 15:00 - The FA Cup 12-13 Full time Attendance 349

Harrogate Town 3-2 Frickley Athletic

Frickley made their Blue Square North opponents fight every second for their victory in this FA Cup tie and were unlucky not to force a replay

Town were rocked in the third minute when a cross from the left by Matty Bloor was flicked just inside the far post by Jimmy Ghaichem to put the Blues in front, and home goalkeeper Craig MacGillivray did well to collect a high ball from the left off the head of Gavin Allott seven minutes later.

Danny Stimpson headed wide at the far post following a cross from the left in the 13th minute before Harrogate equalised three minutes later, Chib Chilaka knocking down another cross from the left for Paul Beesby to beat Tom Woodhead from 15 yards.

This inspired Town and when a cross from the left by Lee Elam was missed by Luke Jeffs in the 23rd minute, Beesby bundled the ball in to put them in front, and it needed a fine save from Woodhead to prevent Tom Platt improving the advantage with a 25 yard free-kick four minutes later.

A good run from Ghaichem in the 29th minute saw his cross headed in at the back post by Allott to put Frickley on terms, and Ghaichem made another penetrating run eight minutes later to pick out Dave Buck, only for him to fire over from 15 yards.

It was the visitors calling the tune, Bloor producing a pinpoint cross from the left in the 42nd minute to inspire a superb header from Luke Hinsley which was spectacularly turned onto the bar by MacGillivray at full stretch, while Allott then beat three men to get insid the penalty area, only for his shot to come back off the inside of an upright.

The second half maintained the tempo, Chilaka heading over in the 51st minute and, at the other end, Buck had a 30 yard piledriver well saved.
Allott headed on to Buck in the 70th minute, only for his angled shot to be deflected off the line by a defender.

Town broke the deadlock in the 75th minute when a 25 yard drive by Paul Bolland went just inside a post, but they were reduced to ten men a minute later when Lee Elam was sent off for retaliation to Ghaichem.

This signalled hectic finale from Frickley, Allott having a header saved on the line in the 81st minute and Jake Picton heading just over from a cross by Jason Yates seven minutes later.

Henry Sibenge found Chris Wood in the 89th minute and he beat two defenders before seeing his shot diverted off the line, and stoppage time saw Buck's left wing corner kick produced a header by Allott which was blocked and Jeff's effort from the rebound was scrambled clear.

Harrogate: Craig MacGillivray, Matt Bloomer, Dave Merry, Paul Bolland, Alan White, Danny Stimpson, Tom Platt, Luke Dean, Chib Chilaka (Dan Clayton 82min), Paul Beesby (Danny Forrest 72min), Lee Elam; unused subs, Leon Osborne, Jonny Allan, Adam Nowakowski.

Frickley: Tom Woodhead, Terry Barwick (Henry Sibenge 86min), Lee Stratford (Jason Yates 82min), Indy Aujla, Jake Picton, Luke Jeffs, Jimmy Ghaichem, Matty Bloor, Gavin Allott, Luke Hinsley (Chris Wood 84min), Dave Buck; unused subs, Tom Johnston, Reece Fennell, Zack Levers.

Referee: Mr Martin Coy

Gate: 349.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors