Clubhouse, facilities and grounds
Frome RFC places the greatest importance upon the health, safety and welfare of its employees, volunteers, players, club members, contractors and visitors.
By providing and maintaining a safe environment to work within, Frome RFC will so far as reasonably practicable ensure the health, safety and welfare of employees whilst at work and of those who may be aﬀected by its activities and provision of facilities for sporting and social events.
It will comply with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
Rugby is a physical contact sport. Like all sports, injuries may occur as a result of isolated incidents or through the continuous playing of the Game over an extended period of time. Safety is of paramount importance and it is therefore essential for those involved in the Game to consider their own safety and the safety of others at all times. RFU Regulation 9 – Player Safety
A set of general rules has been made to help give guidance to all players on expected standards. Of course
this list is not exhaustive, but all players are expected to by abide by the following:
• All playing members must play within the rules (www.rfu.com) and respect oﬃcials and their decisions
• All members must respect their opponents and their supporters
• All playing members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions, or inform the club coaching staﬀ or director of rugby if they are going to be late or not attend
• All playing members must wear suitable and safe, boots, clothing and accessories for training and matches
• All members (playing, social, non-playing) MUST PAY club subscription fees in a prompt manner or within the guidelines for payment plans
• Junior members (including academy players) are not allowed to smoke or consume alcohol on the club premises or whilst representing the club
• All members are asked to support the ZERO tolerance on drugs policy. Only prescribed medication may be taken on club premises.
Safeguarding and protecting young people
The safeguarding of our young people is of the highest importance to Frome RFC. A welfare policy is in place and incorporates the RFU policies and procedures for the welfare of young people involved in rugby union.
General code of conduct
The general code of conduct by which Frome RFC will encourage all to participate in, will develop the right
attitude to Rugby in all their members, ﬂowing through the club through all levels.
The idea of Fair Play should be a constant reference point for everyone involved in the club.
Players, coaches, referees, parents, spectators and any club member must remember that the RFU expects their core values – Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline, Sportsmanship - to be the cornerstone to playing and supporting the game.
It is expected that all will conduct themselves in a manner, that encourages all, showing sportsmanship, understand that verbal or physical abuse to anyone involved with
rugby is not acceptable and ultimately enjoying the game we are all so passionate about.
Further details can be found on the RFU webpage: http://www.englandrugby.com/governance/