I have some great news for the club!!
David Toon who is heavily involved with Hertfordshire Rugby from age grade right up through to senior level, is joining the Fullerians RFC to help me with the director of rugby roll. As I am heavily involved with a lot of the coaching throughout the minis, junior and senior sections I need help with rugby matters on and off the field.
David has 2 boys Myles and Dom that play for Fullerians in the senior section so he is no stranger to the club and can see great potential throughout.
This is an outline of the role that David and I will be sharing
The Director of Rugby is a member of the Executive committee and is responsible to the exec committee for the playing structure of the club.
The post-holder’s primary responsibility is to ensure that the playing policy of the club is implemented and that the coaching system is effective.
Manage a planned and organised playing structure to provide competitive rugby for all levels with the senior teams.
Create Team Standards consistent with the values of the game in consultation with the Team Managers, players and support volunteers
Be proactive in developing the standard of rugby throughout the club
1. To assist club officials on match day in ‘hosting’ visiting teams exec members and providing a warm friendly welcome to the club.
2. Determine, modify and agree, through the Executive Committee, the selection policy of the club to ensure a transparent and fair process.
3. To ensure, either directly or through surrogates, that the teams outside the 1st XV squad are watched on a regular basis so that players with sufficient potential to play in the first two teams are identified early.
4. Set up a process to identify and develop talented players through the club and beyond
5. Promote the club to potential players
6. Prepare a plan and budget for long term player development
7. To agree a budget for the playing side of the club with the Treasurer and Chairman on an annual basis.
8. Implement processes across the whole club to optimise fitness & conditioning, prevent & evaluate injuries, coordinate training & recovery sessions
9. To support & represent the playing members in discussions at the Executive Committee and to raise issues on their behalf.
10. To represent the Club’s policies as they affect playing members.
11. To manage matters (along with Head Coach) relating to coaching throughout the club, where necessary relaying issues back to the Executive Committee.
12. Liaise with Physio lead (Kevin Brind) to ensure the club benefits from efficient injury management/monitoring and rehabilitation.
13. As necessary, Mentor new aspiring coaches for all the senior teams to support succession planning.
14. Advise on planning training to ensure team and individual player needs are met.
15. To support individual player development through 1 to 1 sessions using video review.
16. Ensure all players receive clear, honest feedback and appraisal of their performance
17. Complete a full written report annually (for AGM) that evaluates the selection criteria, game plan, strategies and player progression
Scope of the Job
The Director of Rugby is the link from the Executive Committee to the playing side of the club.
The DoR and coaching team are responsible for the rugby played.
The DoR will support the coaching teams throughout the club (including the youth, womens & girls section) fulfil their responsibilities and development.
The DoR will act as a link point for those Officers that have roles directly connected with playing rugby.
The DoR will act as a link point with Saracens Academy
The DoR will act as a link point with University of Herts
I would like to formally welcome David to Fullerians RFC and any questions David and I will be happy answer them.
Updated 10:11 - 19 Jul 2017 by Peter Samuel