Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Glapwell Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

Welbeck Welfare FC
Glapwell FC
Sat 21 Nov 14:00 - Central Midlands Football League - Black Dragon Division North Full time

Perfect Parfitt downs Welbeck!

Josh Parfitt hit five goals as Glapwell maintained their place at the top of the league with a 7-0 victory at bottom of the table Welbeck Welfare.

Parfitt’s third successive hat-trick has taken his tally of goals for the season to 22, with 15 of them coming in his last five appearances and his five goals is the most in a single game for a Glapwell player for exactly six years since Lee Gregory hit six in a 7-1 Evo-Stik League victory at Willenhall Town.
This was also Glapwell’s eighth successive league victory, which keeps them two points clear at the top, and also maintained their 100% away record with seven victories from seven on the road so far this season.
Glapwell made three changes from the 3-1 victory at Dronfield a fortnight previous, with John Styring in goal with Ryan Hopkins unavailable while Ross Murcott and Tom Norris returned to the starting line-up in place of Mitchell Mullins and Jonathan Heston who dropped down to the bench.
As expected, Glapwell started the game positively as they looked for an early goal to settle any potential nerves and they may have got it inside the opening two minutes had an offside flag not denied Josh Parfitt who flicked Adam Barratt’s goalbound effort into the bottom corner.
Barratt then fired a low shot well wide while Daniel Russell flashed an effort past the post before a loose ball fell to Russell who was denied by the post.
But despite having all those chances inside the opening ten minutes, Glapwell could have fallen behind on 11 minutes when Styring’s poor clearance fell to Robbie Savage who had an empty goal to aim at and his shot from 25 yards was just inches over the bar.
That was a let-off but Glapwell were again to be denied by an offside flag on 14 minutes when Tom Norris shot into the bottom corner before Norris played a through ball to Daniel Russell who dragged his shot past the far post.
On 18 minutes, though, Glapwell did finally break the deadlock as patient build-up play by Adam Kimberley down the left saw him get to the by-line and pull the ball back to Josh Parfitt who had a simple tap-in from six yards out.
Then just seconds after the restart, and before Welbeck could compose themselves, Glapwell were given the opportunity, and took it, to double their lead when Sam Bartram was brought down in the area and Parfitt stepped up to send home keeper James Rice the wrong way.
In the space of less than a minute, Glapwell had put themselves in a commanding position in the game but they didn’t rest on that as they went in search of more goals and they were close to number three when Russell pulled the ball back to Jake Ballinger whose shot on the turn bought a fine save out of James Rice in the home goal.
Good play down the right between Adam Kimberley and Josh Parfitt saw the latter put in a heavy cross which Jake Ballinger did well to reach at the back post but he was again denied by the home keeper who tipped his header wide.
Glapwell were dealt an early injury blow, though, when captain Lee Naughton was forced off with a knee injury after 25 minutes to be replaced by Rowan Mayor but their lead was extended further on 27 minutes as Josh Parfitt completed a nine-minute hat-trick and in the process bagged his 20th goal of the season.
This time he guided a flicked header inside the far post from six yards after Sam Bartram’s dinked cross from the right had been touched on in the middle.
Jack Hutchinson then picked out Daniel Russell with a killer ball which split the home defence and Russell raced clear before rounding the keeper but his shot bounced over off the top of the bar as Glapwell, and Russell, were denied by the woodwork for a second time.
Russell was then unlucky again not to find himself on the scoresheet as his shot from just outside the area was brilliantly turned around the post by James Rice who was doing his best to keep the first-half scoreline respectable for his side.
On 38 minutes, Glapwell were denied by the woodwork for a third time when Ross Murcott’s header crashed back off the bar while Josh Parfitt’s rebounded header looked suspiciously like it had crossed the line but was not given by the assistant.
Daniel Russell and Josh Parfitt then combined well as Parfitt found himself clean through on goal but this time he decided to pull the ball back when he should have gone alone as there was nobody in the middle.
Welbeck keeper James Rice was again in fine form as he kept out Jake Ballinger’s effort before Jack Hutchinson’s effort was headed off the line for a corner by a home defender.
That was the end of a very positive first half for Glapwell who should have had more than the three goals they had scored and they made a change at the break with Hutchinson replaced by Sean Gardner.
Three minutes after the break, the home side had a rare opportunity and it was a decent effort as Josh Fletcher’s effort was tipped over the bar by John Styring.
But, Glapwell soon added their fourth of the afternoon as Jake Ballinger found Daniel Russell in the area and he laid the ball off to Adam Kimberley who beat a defender on the edge of the area before firing a shot low into the far corner.
Just before the hour, it was five for Glapwell as Parfitt added his fourth of the afternoon as Adam Kimberley played a through ball to him and he held off Stef Wainwright before rounding the keeper and slotting the ball into the empty net.
The chances then continued to come for Glapwell and it was nearly six just after the hour when Tom Norris’ corner was met by Josh Clayton whose header was his first touch and it brought another fine save out of home keeper James Rice.
Adam Kimberley’s delivery from the left was then flicked goalwards by Tom Norris but he didn’t get enough on his header as it went wide of the post but Norris got himself on the scoresheet a minute later when he added Glapwell’s sixth.
A poor clearance by a home defender fell straight to Norris who beat another defender before a composed finish inside the near post from 15 yards.
With still a quarter of the game remaining, the score could have been anything from that point and it should have been seven with still 20 minutes remaining but Glapwell were again denied by an offside flag as Daniel Russell pulled the ball back for Josh Clayton to tap home but the flag was up again.
With the game well over and with the already low temperatures plummeting even further, the tempo wasn’t as high in the final stages although Glapwell did add a seventh before the end when Adam Kimberley was fouled by Wainwright in the area with Josh Parfitt again stepping up and converting his spot-kick into the corner for his fifth of the afternoon.
So, this was very much a case of job well done for Glapwell who extended their current winning streak in the league to eight matches which keeps them two points clear at the top of the table.
It also maintains their 100% record on the road in the league so far this campaign with seven victories from seven now while in the process they have scored 60 league goals in only 12 matches so far this season.
This was also a welcome clean sheet which is the third in 14 games in all competitions this season.
Welbeck remain bottom of the table but their keeper James Rice can come out of this game with a huge amount of credit, despite conceding seven, as a string of fine saves prevented his side a much heavier defeat.
Glapwell are on the road again on Saturday with a tough trip to fourth-placed Harworth Colliery who are in fine form themselves with their only league defeat in 11 games so far being their 8-3 defeat at Hall Corner back in September; that game kicks-off at 3pm.
After that, Glapwell have four successive home matches in December, the first of which sees second-placed Appleby Frodingham visit Hall Corner, and the final one being the reverse fixture against Welbeck on Boxing Day.
Goals: (all Glapwell) Parfitt 18; 19pen; 27; 58; 86pen; Kimberley 51; Norris 66
Welbeck: James Rice, Jacob Reeve, Stef Wainwright, Steven McGurk, Matt Lowe, Kieran Roberts (Ryan Harris 74), Nathan Ward, Craig Taylor, Robbie Savage, Josh Fletcher, Tom Wagg (Ben McCarthy 71)
Glapwell: John Styring, Sam Bartram, Jack Hutchinson (Sean Gardner HT), Adam Barratt, Lee Naughton (Rowan Mayor 25), Ross Murcott, Tom Norris, Adam Kimberley, Josh Parfitt, Daniel Russell, Jake Ballinger (Josh Clayton 62). Subs not used: Mitchell Mullins, Jonathan Heston
Glapwell Man of the Match: Josh Parfitt
Yellow Cards: Fletcher (Welbeck) 39; Wainwright (Welbeck) 55; Kimberley (Glapwell) 80
Referee: Jack Forder (Lincoln)

Up your game with easyfundraising

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Black Dragon Division North results

Appleby Frodingham FC
Thorne Colliery FC
Dinnington Town FC
Easington United FC
Dronfield Town Reserves FC


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Glapwell FC 28 70
2. Ollerton Town FC 28 64
3. Phoenix FC 28 60
4. Appleby Frodingham FC 28 58
5. Harworth Colliery FC 28 55
6. Askern FC 28 50
7. Retford FC 28 45