We are an exciting junior football club with teams from 6 years old right through to Under 18’s. With over 260 girls and boys signed on to our ranks we are an established, professionally run club with a strong constitution.
We like to think that we contribute to the development of our youngsters in all aspects of their life as well as fulfilling their football talent regardless of the level they play at.
As a club we have a winning mentality, but this is not at the cost of being exclusive and trying to make sure that everyone gets the chance to represent our fine town at some level.
• The club was founded in 1989
• Accredited F.A. Charter standard Award in 2004
• Teams covering age groups from U6-U18s
• Coaches/Managers are FA qualified
• Club officials/coaches have criminal record bureau clearance certificates
• Teams play matches Saturdays or Sundays - usually train one or two nights in the week.
• All kits are provided
CLUB AIMS AND OBJECTIVES ARE:
• To provide organised football matches and training including a fine Soccer School which is the springboard to team involvement – Saturday mornings at the 3G pitches in Hadfield
• To provide players with a safe environment in which they can enjoy their participation in the football facilities provided.
• To develop motivation, self-discipline, social skills and self-confidence.
• To raise the technical and footballing skills of the players.
• That the game is there to be ENJOYED by everybody involved.
• To acknowledge and support the FA Respect campaign to ensure that the game is played in the correct spirit
Interested? - If so contact ring club secretary Lynda Rowlinson via email LyndaRowlinson@aol.com
Football is not just for boys !!!!!!
We have three girls teams as can be seen from the individual links on this page, if you or your daughter are interested in joining us then please contact the club.
A WORD FROM THE CHAIRMAN
Sport enriches the lives of everyone and it is an excellent way to learn life lessons. We – at Glossop North End Juniors – strive to make this happen in a safe, fun environment. At our core, we are a volunteer run club with volunteer coaches and team support staff and therefore we are always grateful to anyone who can become involved in any capacity. Team sport really brings on a child’s confidence and speaking personally, my son has become noticeably more confident and able since starting to play with GNE Juniors so if you have a child who is interested in football, get them involved through our Saturday morning football school.