On the 6th March 1926 G.A.B. R.F.C. was founded.
A meeting was held on Park Street Mission Hall, Gloucester and it was decided to form a Rugby Football Section in connection with the Park Street Men's Adult School Sports Club.
Two games were played in the first year, the first was against Wagon Works "A' (no longer in existence) on Saturday 3rd April 1926 K.O. 2:30pm at Hucclecote School. In those days a try was worth 3 points.
The following season 1926-27 a lot more fixtures were played and some still being played today (Spartans, Drybrook, Painswick, Stroud and Widden O.B.). In season 1951-52 the late club President Mr George Lewis joined the club, George is only the fifth President the club has had since its existence, the others being:-
1926-27 J.W. Embling, Esq
1928-31 C.G. Tombs, Esq
1932-66 A.C. Hulbert, Esq
1967-96 E.G. Cummings, Esq
1996-09 G. Lewis, Esq
2009-13 G. Merchant, Esq
2013- S. Hyam
The All Blues have since their existence always been prominent in the North Gloucester Combination, producing many top players for Gloucester, England and one British Lion. All Blues were the first winners of the Combination Seven a Side competition held at Kingsholm in season 1932-33 beating Widden Old Boys 16-5.
The Blues have played at Castlemeads since 1927. For many years the club used the White Lamp Public House as their headquarters. The White Lamp is still in Westgate Street but is no longer open. The present clubhouse was opened in 1974 and updated in 1990.
All Blues have never won the NGC Senior Cup, they have appeared in six finals, becoming runners up each time. The Blues have won the NGC Junior Cup once beating Coney Hill 6-3 in the 1952-53 final. Also losing finalists in the Glanville Cup in 1998-99 season.
The Cross -
This indicates that the club was originated from a Bible Class and in the early years you could only play rugby if you attended class.
The Line through the Badge -
This indicates the River Severn by which the club is situated and play rugby.
The Castle -
This stands for the Castlemeads, the area where the pitches are situated