Code of Conduct - Player
PLAYERS CODE OF CONDUCT 2011-12
RESPECT TOWARDS GLOUCESTER CITY AFC
You must maintain the highest standards of conduct and behaviour at all times. This includes:
• Before, during and after training sessions.
• Before, during and after matches.
• When attending matches or other events organised by Gloucester City.
• When representing Gloucester City at matches or other events
The club also expect players to maintain the highest standards outside of Gloucester City Football Club.
Under no circumstances will Gloucester City AFC condone the use of non-prescription drugs, banned substances or the abuse of alcohol.
Players must not speak to the media on any matters relating directly or indirectly to Gloucester City AFC without first obtaining the permission of their Coach.
If approached by a scout or any representative of any other football club, players must immediately report this to their Coach. Gloucester City will not stand in the way of any junior player who wishes to advance their football career at a higher level. However, in the interests of our players, we wish to ensure that any approaches are carried out in strict compliance with Football Association rules.
RESPECT TOWARDS CLUB OFFICIALS
• Abide by the instructions of your Coach or any Gloucester City AFC official at all times.
• Attend all training session on time, wearing the appropriate kit. If for any reason you are unable to attend a training session due to injury, illness or other reason you must contact your Coach as soon as possible and in any event at least 2 hours before the scheduled start of the training session.
• Report to all matches (or for away matches agreed pick up points where appropriate) on time, wearing the appropriate kit. If for any reason you are unable to attend a match due to injury, illness or other reason you must contact your Coach as soon as possible and in any event at least 24 hours before the scheduled match day.
• Show due respect to the Club Officials of the opposition.
• Foul or abusive language or gestures will not be tolerated at any time.
RESPECT TOWARDS MATCH OFFICIALS
• Accept the decision of the Match Official without protest.
• Avoid words or actions which may mislead a Match Official.
• Show due respect towards Match Officials.
RESPECT TOWARDS OPPONENTS
• Treat opponents with respect at all times irrespective of the result of the match.
• Safeguard the physical fitness of opponents and avoid violence or rough play.
RESPECT TOWARDS SUPPORTERS
You must show due respect to all supporters, either of Gloucester City or our opponents, at all times.
RESPECT TO YOUR TEAM MATES
• Ensure that you attend all training sessions and matches in the best possible physical condition.
• Give maximum efforts and strive for the best possible performance during games and training sessions.
• Set a positive example to Team Mates.
• Avoid all forms of gamesmanship and time wasting.
• Always have regard to the best interests of the game.