Just a quick update on a few things that may be of interest to you.
1. Please see the news items for the Xmas and New Year’s Eve Parties that the club are holding. The Xmas Party is on the 16th December at 2pm & the New Year’s Eve festivities kick off at 7pm on NY Eve. Tickets are available from the bar or by contacting the club by email.
2. The club Annual General Meeting is on the 16th November 2017 at 19.30. All members are welcome to attend.
3. Junior Training will begin in January and the dates, venues & times are as follows:
• U9 – Goole Leisure Centre – Friday 4.30pm to 5.30pm from the 12th January 2018
• U11 & Hard Ball Development Squad – Goole Leisure Centre – Tuesday 4.30pm to 6pm from the 6th February 2018
• U13 & U15 – Goole High School – Friday 6.30pm to 8pm from the 19th January 2018
• U15 – Can also attend Senior Training, which will be confirmed nearer new year.
The hard ball development squad will be chosen nearer the time. We would like to give some U9’s, 11’s & 13’s the opportunity to have more training with a hard ball than they will get at their allocated session and as a result we will invite some players to attend the Tuesday evening sessions. Your coach will be in touch if they feel this is something that will benefit your child. Some children that have the ability will be invited to some of the other sessions, but this will be done on an invite only basis and you should come to your child’s age group unless asked to come to another session.
The indoor sessions will run until around Easter when we will move to outdoor from mid-April.
4. Training Kit – Xmas is coming and you may want to buy your cherub some GTCC branded kit for 2018. This can be purchased from our kit supplier PC Sports - http://www.pcsports.co.uk/goole-town-cc/ and they will handle all your needs.
5. Bats – If you are buying a bat for Xmas, please ensure that you buy the correct size for your child. Bats are not sold in age size, they are sold according to the child’s height. See this guide to ensure that you get the correct size and ignore the approx. age section.
6. Simon on vacation – I will be away from the 6th December until the 7th January as I am in Australia following England’s triumphant/embarrassing (delete as appropriate) attempt to win the Ashes!! If you need anything during this time please contact your coach or Mr Duffy.
I think that’s all for now, but let me know if you need more information.
Updated 11:30 - 2 Nov 2017 by Simon Franks
On behalf of the Junior Committee, Goole Town Cricket Club.