U13s - Homepage
Sunday 28th April 2013
|Gordano RFC U13||5||-||42||Mumbles|
Welcome to Gordano Sharks Under 13's Team
Latest Team News
Congratulations to Jordan shaddick who was voted as Players Player of the season.
The photos of the 2013 Tour in Swansea are on the Tour Page
Our main aims for this season are;
Personal & Social
Character & Leadership
Physical & Movement
strength & stability, body position & fitness through games
Support from behind (magic diamond)
Running from depth
Hitting the ball at pace
Skills (to aid decision making)
Passing off left (or weaker hand)
Managing the ball in contact
Our mission statement is to develop the person using rugby as the medium. Personal & social development is at the core of what we strive to do and we apply the following principles:
What we are trying to develop for the U13s
• Support and encourage personal and social attributes through rugby
• Develop a grounding in the core values of the game – enjoyment, respect, discipline, teamwork, sportsmanship through the:
• Provision of opportunity for social interaction, (eg teamwork, camaraderie)
• Creation and maintenance of a positive, caring learning environment
• Self-assessment of skills for long-term involvement
• Provision of opportunity for and encouragement of players to enjoy and compete at their optimum level
• Promote the development of fitness and health-related physical activities
New players are always welcome.
Contact a member of the coaching team using the 'Players & coaches' link on the left or feel free to just turn up at a training session.
The team is made up from anyone who is in school year 8, please come along and join us.
If you are new to the sport, then Gordano is a great place to start. If you have played before or are playing in school and want to join Gordano, your rugby development is at the heart of what we do. We have an excellent coaching team, supported by the main club.
- Sundays @ 10:15 Gordano RFC
- Tuesdays @ 19:00 Gordano RFC
6 days ago
19 days ago
25 days ago
26 days ago
1 month ago
1 month ago