Please take Notice
That the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING for the trading years 2013/2014, 2014/2015 and 2015/2016 will take place at The SKDC Stadium, Trent Rd, Grantham, in the Gingerbread Suite at
11am on Sunday 9th April 2017,
To be followed immediately by an EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING to do with the maximum permissible number of DIRECTOR APPOINTMENTS.
The Annual General Meeting will deal with the business of the Company for the trading periods specified above.
The AGENDA is set out below. Any questions should be delivered in writing to the Stadium not less than 48 hours prior to the Meeting.
Copies of the Company’s filed Trading Accounts for the years in question will be available for inspection prior to and at the Meeting. The said Accounts may be inspected at the Stadium prior to the Meeting by appointment with the Finance Director or by arrangement with his nominee. They can also be supplied (much more easily) by email on request by the Company Secretary via email@example.com.
Members (ie Shareholders of the Company) are reminded of their right to appoint a proxy to attend and vote on his/her behalf. Proxies must be in writing and signed by the Member in question and delivered to the Secretary prior to the commencement of the Meeting.
1. Welcome and Introduction
2. Appointment of Chairman for the duration of the Meeting
3. Apologies for absence
4. Announcement of proxies (if any)
5. Vote to allow observers to remain in meeting
6. Minutes of last previous AGM
7. Presentation and Adoption of Accounts
8. Club Chairman’s Remarks
9. Club Secretary’s Report
10. Resignation by Rotation and Reappointment of Directors. The Constitution of the Company requires one-third of the Directors (or as near as possible thereto) to retire in rotation at each annual Meeting. Mr Barry Palmer is due to retire under this Rule and offers himself for re-election, and this will be proposed by Sophie Cope and seconded by Peter Railton.
11. Confirmation of New Directors appointed since last General Meeting: the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company require that the appointments of Directors appointed by the Board of Directors since the last General Meeting be submitted to the Members for approval, and accordingly the following appointments are proposed for confirmation: (i) Roger Booth – proposed by Barry Palmer seconded by Peter Railton (ii) Sophie Cope – proposed by Roger Booth seconded by Peter Railton (iii) Jonathan Redshaw – proposed by Sophie Cope seconded by Roger Booth
12. Any Member wishing to be proposed for appointment to the Board must submit his/her proposal in writing to the Secretary not less than 7 days prior to the meeting naming his/her proposer and seconder and all three must attend the Meeting
13. Associate Directors – Introduction and Explanation (Note): Since the last General Meeting the Directors have appointed a number of Associate Directors to attend Board Meetings and assist the Directors with various tasks. These appointments are informal in that the appointees do not have the legal status responsibilities or voting status of Directors. Further explanation will be given at the Meeting
14. Any Other Business – (strictly subject to the Chairman’s discretion as to its relevance to the Meeting)
EXTRAORDINARY GENERAL MEETING
1. The Memorandum and Articles of Association presently limit to eight (8) the number of Directors (that is full Directors, the number of Associate Directors not being caught
by this Rule). The Directors feel that this is unnecessarily restrictive and that the number permissible should be increased. The following Amendment to the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the Company is Proposed by Mr Roger Booth and Seconded by Mr Peter Railton: That the maximum permitted number of (full) Directors of the Company be increased from eight (8) to eleven (11).
Dated 22nd March 2017
By Order of the Board
Updated 13:37 - 27 Mar 2017 by Simon Hayes