Alex has previously coached at St Neots Academy and also founder and head coach at Thurlby Tigers. He also has other education links which will help bring the education and football aspects together. Joining him as part of his coaching team are Susan Harvey, James Edey and Mark Bland. Alongside them we are also have some new exciting developments that they have been put in place for the next academic year. These include:
• Custom built education suite of classrooms.
• High speed internet access.
• Student common room and lounge area for individual study.
• Three qualifications on offer;
o Level 2 BTEC in Sport
o Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Sport
o Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport
• The option to begin a Foundation degree in your third year.
• Multiple specialist tutors will be on hand all day every day to help all scholars.
• Non-compulsory qualifications on offer include;
o Football Coaching Qualifications
o Football Referee Qualifications
o Gym Instructor Qualifications
o Futsal Coaching Qualifications
• State of the art Spin Room for fitness and to aid with lessons.
• Fitness studio for use in lessons and to work with qualified gym instructors who will deliver the Les Mills Grit Series.
• 50% off membership to all 1-Life Centres in Lincolnshire so scholars can use the gym and swimming pool whenever they want to.
• 2 indoor Futsal courts.
• Full size 3G training pitch
• South Kesteven District Council Stadium main pitch used for matches, along with the 3G training pitch
• Football opportunities will include;
o First Team football in the EVO-STIK Northern Premier League or National
League North depending on the Gingerbreads run in.
o U21 Lincolnshire Development League
o U19 Alliance League*
o U18 Junior Premier League
o College League Football – Cat 2
o National Futsal tournaments
• Coaching Specialists in:
o Goalkeeper Specialists
o FA Psychology
o and many more…
• Specialist Support Staff:
o Strength and Conditioning
o Performance Analysis
The new management team will ensure that every player or scholar that joins our Academy is driven to maximise their potential in both, education and football. We will work closely with every individual so we can understand their unique requirements and aspirations.
Alongside the Academy’s Academic course we will be having a number of teams from U16’s downwards playing in the National Junior Premier League which will enable us to focus on player development.
If you are interested in finding out more about our the Grantham Town FC Academy then please email Alex Watson, Academy@granthamtownfc.com or call 07515 442458
Updated 13:21 - 13 Apr 2017 by Simon Hayes