Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Grantham Town FC


First Team - Match centre

Grantham Town
Sat 5 Sep 15:00 - The Evo-Stik League Northern Premier - Premier Division Full time Attendance 207

Stalemate Against Marine

Town v Marine Finishes Goal Less

Grantham failed to score for the first time this season but also kept their first clean sheet when they drew 0-0 with Marine.
Marine had the better of the early exchanges as Grantham defended the strong breeze blowing down the ground from the Bowls club end. Both Andy Owens and James Short went close for Marine in the opening 5 minutes before Micky Emmott saw his cross headed away from the danger area after 8 minutes. Brad McGowan carried the ball deep into the Marine half on 11 minutes but when he fed Lee Shaw his cross into the box was headed clear. Marine’s Lewis Codling had a chance on 16 minutes but his turn and shot went wide of the goal. Grantham came close to opening the scoring on 21 minutes when Liam Read saw his shot deflected onto the bar by a Marine defender. Marine’s Andy Owens had another chance when he headed over from a corner on 23 minutes. Grantham forced a corner on 25 minutes but when the ball was cleared Marine broke quickly and Lewis Codling brought a good save from Jake Turner at the expense of a corner. It was Marines keeper Mattie Cooper’s turn to save his side on 31 minutes when he turned over a fierce 30 yard drive from Lee Beeson. Marine then forced a series of corners and they came very close to taking the lead when on 35 minutes they hit the woodwork twice in quick succession before Jake Turner saved the third shot. Andy Owens again headed over for Marine when well placed on 38 minutes before Michael Hollingsworth went close for Grantham a minute later when his 30 yard shot went narrowly wide with the keeper beaten. There was just time for Lee Shaw to run at the Marine defence but his shot was blocked. The half ended goalless.
Grantham had wind advantage in the second period but it was Marine who got in the first shot on target but Liam Willis’s effort was saved by Jake Turner. Lee Shaw went close on 51 minutes when his run down the left ended with his shot hitting the side netting. Turner was called into action again on 52 minutes saving again from Owens but he could do nothing when Marine defender Carl Peers found himself in space a minute later but the defender couldn’t find the target and the chance was gone. Turner made another good save from Owens on 64 minutes but the Marine striker had already been flagged off side. Grantham introduced Aiden Kirby for Ellis Humble on 65 minutes but it was Marine who threatened when substitute Sean Hessey brought another good save from Turner. Grantham made a second substitution on 68 minutes with Jack Beckett replacing Rhys Lewis. Turner was in action again on 69 minutes saving smartly from Hessey. Grantham made their final substitution on 73 minutes with Stefan Bilyk replacing Liam Read and his first touch almost brought Grantham a goal but his header from a Lee Beeson free kick went narrowly wide. Marine forced a couple of late corners but the game ended goal less

Jake Turner, Brad McGowan, Michael Emmott, Lawrence Gorman. Ellis Humble ( Aiden Kirby 65), Michael Hollingsworth, Danny Meadows, Rhys Lewis (Jack Beckett 73) Lee Shaw, Lee Beeson, Liam Reed (Stefan Bilyk 73), Sub not used Luke Farmer

Mattie Cooper, Stephen Wainwright, James Short, Liam Willis, Carl Peers, Andy Nicholas, Sen Myler, (Thomas Owens 82), James Foley ( Sean Hessey 63), Andy Owens, Jamie Menagh, Lewis Codling Subs not used Mitch Duggan, Lloyd Ellams, Ollie Sharman

Referee Mr S Wade

Yellow Cards Grantham 0 Marine 0
Red Cards Grantham 0 Marine 0

Attendance 207

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

League table

# Team Pl Pts
16. Skelmersdale United 46 53
17. Matlock Town 46 52
18. Grantham Town 46 51
19. Whitby Town 46 47
20. Mickleover Sports 46 46
21. Stamford 46 45
22. Hyde United 46 40

Team sponsors


Club sponsors