Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Grantham Town FC


First Team - Match centre

Mickleover Sports
Grantham Town
Tue 13 Oct 19:45 - The Evo-Stik League Northern Premier - Premier Division Full time Attendance 159

Grantham Win at Mickleover

Grantham win 3-2 at Mickleover

Grantham gained their first win on the road this season with a 3-2 victory at Mickleover Sports.
Grantham began brightly with Danny Meadows 25 yard strike in the 1st minute going just over and Micky Emmott was narrowly wide after getting on the end of a Danny Meadow cross. Play was held up after 5 minutes when the assistant referee was pole axed by a Grantham clearance but the official recovered after treatment. Mickelover began to dominate play with Andy Dales firing over on 7 minutes and a minute later Charlie Dawes crossed from the right and former Gingerbread Massiah McDonald headed home unmarked at the near post to put Mickleover ahead. Mickleover went close to a second goal after 20 minutes when McDonald beat Jake Turner to the ball but Brad McGowan was on hand to clear the ball before it crossed the line. The game was held up again on 22 minutes following a nasty injury to Aiden Kirby who was stretchered off with what looked like a serious ankle injury. Kirby was replaced by Rhys Lewis. Grantham came more into the game and Jamie McGhee fired narrowly wide on 30 minutes and Mickleover keeper Ross Atkins turned a Hollingsworth shot onto the post a minute later. Grantham’s pressure told on 38 minutes when a Gorman free kick fell to Rhys Lewis off a Mickleover defenders head and Lewis made no mistake to put Grantham level. Grantham were now well on top and in the final minute of the half Mickleovers Dwayne Wiley headed past his own keeper to send Grantham in at half time a goal to the good.
Grantham forced an early corner in the second half and Jamie McGhee had a shot saved by Atkins but Mickleover drew level on 51 minutes when Andy Dales beat Danny Meadows on the left and cut in to beat Turner at the far post. Mickleover then had a spell of pressure with Turner saving from Dales and McDonald firing just wide before Turner did well to save Jack Broadheads shot with his legs. Mickleover keeper Atkins had to be alert to kick away from the on rushing Shaw on 69 minutes. Grantham introduced Lee Beeson for McGhee on 70 minutes. Grantham came back into the game but Turner had to save from Jake Bennett on 74 minutes. Grantham made their final substitution on 75 minutes with Ben Saunders replacing Lee Shaw. Grantham got the deciding goal on 80 minutes when Michael Hollingsworth won the ball in midfield and he fed Emmott on the left hand side and he cut in to beat Atkins off the far post to put Grantham ahead. Mickleover pushed for another equaliser in the final minutes and Turner saved a Dales free kick at full stretch at the expense of a corner in added time but Grantham held out to claim all 3 points

J Turner, D Meadows, M Emmott, S Purcicoe, B McGowan, L Gorman, J McGhee (L Beeson 70), M Hollingsworth, G Smith, L Shaw (B Saunders 75), A Kirby (R Lewis 27)
Subs not used J Beckett

R Atkins, J Bennett, C Spencer, J Broadhead, D Wiley, N Degirolamo, A Dales, S Finlaw, M McDonald, J McGrath, C Dawes.
Subs not used S Oshobrooke, A Griffiths-Junior, K Walton, L Belgrave, A O’Neil-Dwyer.

Referee Mr N Pratt

Red Cards Nil
Yellow Cards
Grantham R Lewis, G Smith, J McGhee, M Hollingsworth

Corner Count
Grantham 4
Mickleover 4

Attendance 159

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

League table

# Team Pl Pts
16. Skelmersdale United 46 53
17. Matlock Town 46 52
18. Grantham Town 46 51
19. Whitby Town 46 47
20. Mickleover Sports 46 46
21. Stamford 46 45
22. Hyde United 46 40

Team sponsors


Club sponsors