Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Grantham Town FC


First Team - Match centre

Grantham Town
L Shaw (34', 47')
Full time
K Willoughby (54')
Tue 4 Apr 19:45 - The Integro League Cup 16-17 Attendance 234

The Gingerbreads Reach The Integro League Cup Final!

A Lee Shaw brace gave The Gingerbreads a 2-1 win over Clitheroe tonight, meaning it's a first League Cup Final appearance since the 70/71 season.

With Ellis Storey injured, Danny Meadows filled in at left back. Curtis Burrows took the right midfield position and Jeremiah Dasalou started instead of Felipe Barcelos.

The Gingerbreads started on the front foot and on 8 minutes had the chance to go in front. Jeremiah Dasalou broke down the left and put a cross in to Lee Shaw who was tumbled to the ground. Luke Shaw stepped up to take the penalty but the Clitheroe keeper saved it with his legs.

The disappointment of the penalty didn't though stop The Gingerbreads as they dominated play and on the half hour were infront. Lee Shaw challenged the Clitheroe defender and managed to get a touch on it which lobbed the goalkeeper, 1-0.

The Gingerbreads should have two up 5 minutes from half time but Lee Shaw could not get on the end of ball that went across the 6 yard line.

There wasn't long to wait in the second half though to see the lead doubled. Within a minute of the restart The Gingerbreads won a corner on the left side. Luke Shaw took a short corner to Danny Meadows who returned the pass to Luke, who in turn returned the ball to Danny who whipped in a cross which found Lee Shaw who glanced the ball home, 2-0.

Dominating the match The Gingerbreads carried on searching for a third to put the tie out of reach from a Clitheroe side who were second best to almost everything. However it was Clitheroe who scored next. Clitheroe attacked down the right and the ball reached Kurt Willoughby who turned the ball passed Kieran Preston, 2-1.

From then on it looked as if The Gingerbreads would be the only ones to score, but for all their endeavour they couldn't. In the dying moments though it was almost disaster but Clitheroe put the ball just wide of Kieran Prestons goal.

The final whistle was met with great delight from the home crowd, as they can now start making plans for the final. The venue of the final will be decided after the second Semi Final between Buxton and Bamber Bridge on Thursday night.

Read the Grantham Journal report here -

Key moments

Goal Lee Shaw scores for Grantham Town
Goal Lee Shaw scores for Grantham Town
Goal Kurt Willoughby scores for Clitheroe


View 0 new events
68:00 Sub Off
Jeremiah Dasaolu is substituted off for Grantham Town
68:00 Sub On
Felipe Barcelos is substituted on for Grantham Town
54:00 Goal 2 - 1
Kurt Willoughby scores for Clitheroe
47:00 Goal 2 - 0
Lee Shaw scores for Grantham Town
End of period 1
34:00 Goal 1 - 0
Lee Shaw scores for Grantham Town
8:00 Missed Penalty
Luke Shaw misses a penalty for Grantham Town
Start of the game
Replay game

As it happened

  • Grantham Town
  • Clitheroe
  • 0
  • Luke Shaw Missed Penalty 8:00'
  • Lee Shaw Goal 34:00'
  • Lee Shaw Goal 47:00'
  • Kurt Willoughby Goal 54:00'
  • Jeremiah Dasaolu Sub Off 68:00'
  • Felipe Barcelos Sub On 68:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors