Gravesend Ladies Hockey Club is a sports club registered and affiliated with England Hockey, whose contact address is at Gravesend Rugby Club, Milton Road, Donald Biggs Drive, Gravesend, Kent DA12 2TL ("we", "us" and "our") takes the privacy rights of users of or players, members and officials seriously. We are the data controller and we will process your personal data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and national laws which relate to the processing of personal data (“Data Protection Legislation”).
2. Your Data
3. How we collect Your Data
We may collect your data in the following circumstances:
• When you fill out a registration form to join the club;
• Whenever you provide Your Data to us when reporting a problem, making a complaint, making an enquiry or contacting us for any other reason via our website;
• Whenever you disclose Your Data to us, or we collect Your Data from you, in any other way.
4. How we use Your Data:
We use your data for our own legitimate reasons, in order to:
• Contact you to arrange league and friendly games, training events, social events and other activities in connection with us or Gravesham Sports Trust who run the pitch. (note your data will not be shared with Gravesham Sports Trust and you should refer to their own privacy statement);
• Contact you to advise of any changes or cancellation of planned events, games and training events;
• Ensure you are treated in a way relevant to your age as set out in policies by England Hockey;
• Notify you of any changes to club policies;
• Process or deal with any complaints or enquiries made by you;
• Investigate any suspected breach of our policies relating to you;
• Share Your Data with limited third parties as part of our governance or to promote the club in a positive manner. (see Sections 7. Marketing and 8. Disclosure of Your Data to Third Parties).
• In event of a medical emergency where you are unable to communicate. We will share the following information with Qualified First Aiders of the club, Qualified Health Professionals and members of the Emergency Services;
2. Next of Kin Name*;
3. Next of Kin Contact Details*;
4. Date of Birth;
6. Current Medication*;
7. Doctors Name and Practice Name*;
*It is voluntary to provide us with this data if you are over 18, but it will be advantageous to your health if you do.
• In event of a medical emergency where you are unable to communicate. A club officer will also contact your Next of Kin if you have provided us with this data;
• If you are under 18, in event of any medical occurrence, or any other event that a Club Officer deems of a serious nature we will contact your named Guardian. Refer also to our GLHC Youth Policy and Guidelines available at www.glhc.co.uk.
5. Retention of Your Data
Where you are a registered player or member of the club, subject to exercising your rights detailed in Section 13. Access to, updating, deleting and restricting use of data of this policy, we will retain Your Data for 3 years after you resign as an active member of the club and after this date Your Data will be deleted. Where you have subscribed to receive marketing correspondence from us we will keep your personal data for marketing purposes for the period of time referred to above. This is subject to exercising your right to unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence at any time.
6. If you fail to provide Your Data
Where we need to collect personal data by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide the data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example: to arrange games of hockey). In this case, we may have to cancel your membership but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
In addition to the uses described in sections 2 to 6 above, we may also use Your Data for our legitimate interests including for marketing, market research and related purposes, such as:
• asking you to participate in market research, for example surveys about topical issues, our services and products. We will always try to tell you before you participate in a survey how any information you provide in the survey will be used;
• Publishing of match reports, positive news stories and event coverage in Local Press publications both in paper and electronic format.
Your right to opt-out - You have a right to opt-out of receiving any marketing information (from ourselves and/or a third party) at any time. To opt-out of receiving such information you can: email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Disclosure of Your Data to third parties
In addition to the third parties mentioned above, we may disclose Your Data to third parties for our legitimate interests as follows:
• HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reports of processing activities in certain circumstances;
• to Members of The Press Association for the purpose of press coverage;
• to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or where We are under a duty to disclose or share Your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
• to governing and representative bodies of sport and recreation including local and county league’s to improve the management and co-ordination of sport within their territory, undertake marketing and survey participation (where we have your consent);
9. Cross Border Data Transfers
In the unlikely event we need to transfer and process Personal Data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we will let you know and provide an updated policy for you to consent to before Your Data is transferred.
10. Data Security
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile networks is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect Your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of Your Data transmitted. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received Your Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Information you provide to us is stored on Pitch Hero Limited Servers. We have implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures designed to secure your information against accidental loss and unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure. In addition, we limit access to personal data to those officers of the club, that have a legitimate need for such access.
Pitch Hero Limited separately publish their privacy notice/policy and we encourage you to read this.
11. Links to Other Websites
Our communications may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these, we encourage you to read the privacy notice/policy of every website you visit.
12. Legal basis for processing your personal data
We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
• To arrange league and friendly games, training events, social events and other activities in connection with us or Gravesham Sports Trust;
• where necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation we are subject to; and
• for our legitimate interests (as described within this policy) where your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests.
13. Access to, updating, deleting and restricting use of data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if the personal data we hold about you changes.
Data protection legislation gives you the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances or withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data where this has been provided. You also have the right to access information held about you and for this to be provided in an intelligible form. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal data, please send an email to email@example.com. In certain circumstances we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.
You can also ask us to undertake the following:
• update or amend Your Data if you feel this is inaccurate;
• remove Your Data from Our database entirely;
• send you copies of Your Data in a commonly used format and transfer Your Data to another entity where you have supplied this to us, and we process this electronically with your consent or where necessary for the performance of a contract;
• restrict the use of Your Data.
We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access/provide you with the personal data we hold about you or make your requested changes. Data protection legislation may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of Your Data/comply with requests made in accordance with your rights referred to above. If we cannot provide you with access to Your Data, or deal with any other request we receive, we will inform you of the reasons why, subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions.
Please send any requests relating to the above to our Data Protection Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org specifying your name the action you would like us to undertake. Note that is relation to requests to access Your Data, we reserve the right in certain circumstances to charge a reasonable fee to carry out your request.
14. Right to withdraw consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of data processing based on consent before it is withdrawn. To withdraw your consent please contact us at email@example.com
16. Contact us
If You have any questions, comments or requests regarding this policy or how We use Your Data please contact our Data Protection Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is in addition to your right to contact the Information Commissioners Office if you are unsatisfied with our response to any issues you raise at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us.
Policy Updated SJ 21/05/2018