BOSS DAN TRENKEL'S VIEWS ON VICTORY OVER STANSTED
Media Manager Robert Lilley catches up with Rovers boss Dan Trenkel after today's opening day win
1. The season is underway and we've grabbed a win. Go to plan?
It's always nice to start the season with a win so in that respect yes definitely
2. 1-1 at halftime. What did you say in the dressing room?
There were some strong words said and needed . We didn't take our chances and our ball retention wasn't as good as what it could have been .
3. Competitive debuts for John Mbamara and Julian Simon-Parsons. How did they perform today?
They both did a sound job . Julian is a workhorse and he had a good second half . John worked hard but I think he can do better and we will hopefully see that .
4. Sammy Knott started today. A good piece of business dual signing him?
He is a very talented boy. At 16 it will be about using him at the right times . He was really ill last night so that was the main reason behind him coming off at half time . He will certainly play his part whilst he is here.
5. Your captain grabbed a goal today. Worth waiting for?
I've been waiting for Spaz to show people why he is our captain and when he came on he lifted us and his goal was probably the best header you'll see all season. He should do that more often , hopefully not the last goal we'll see from him this season.
6. We finished comfortable winners but was it?
I actually thought we were very average today. We have lots of areas we can improve and will do. However the fact I'm looking for improvement in a 4-1 win shows how much confidence I have in this team. When we all play well for 90 minutes there won't be many teams who will match us. It's a very tiny step on a long road , but something for us to build on .