Greenwich RFC (the oldest club in Plumstead) was formed in 1986 from Bloomfield and Lewisham RFC. It later incorporated STC Greenwich RFC.
Greenwich RFC was founded in 1986, which came about with the merger of Lewisham RFC and Bloomfield RFC. Greenwich play at The Pavilion on Plumstead Common which was the home of Bloomfield and have spent most of their playing years in the Kent League. The highlight being quarter finalist of the National Junior Pilkington cup in 1990/91. Colours are red and black quarters.
Lewisham RFC were founded in 1971 by Dave Rae with most of the players working at Lewisham Hospital. Having no home pitch every game was played away and they met up before matches at the Woodman public house in Blackfen and after the game going back to a small clubhouse in Welling close to the station. In 1972/73 Greenwich Borough supplied them a pitch in Hornfair Park, Shooters Hill and the players changed in the changing rooms of the Lido. In 1974/75 they then moved to the Meridian sports ground in Charlton Lane. Colours were black with white and green hoop.
Bloomfield RFC were founded in 1961 by John Reid and were an old boys team from Bloomfield Boys School. Also not having a home pitch they played away with Head Teacher John Burley organizing the fixtures. They used to meet at Eltham Church before games. In the early 70’s they started playing on a pitch in Dursley Road, Kidbrooke. In the mid 70’s they moved to the Pavilion in Plumstead. Colours were Green with a Tudor rose badge.
Today we still wear the Black and Red quarters and we were re-elected to play in Shepherd Neame Kent 2 division 2014-15.
Greenwich RFC play on Plumstead Common, the original ground of Woolwich Arsenal FC.
Competition history includes:
• 1989-1990 Powergen Junior Vase Quarter Final v Bicester
• 1998-1999 Kent Division 3 Champions (Capt. T. Murphy)
• 1998-1999 Shepherd Neame Kent Plate semi-finalist (Capt. T. Murphy)
• 2000-2001 Shepherd Neame Kent Plate semi-finalist (Capt. T. Murphy)
• 2005-2006 St Georges Day 7's Plate Winners (Capt. W. Long)
• 2007-2008 Kent Metropolitan Conference Divison Champions (Capt. J. Parsons)
• 2007-2008 Kent Metropolitan Free Spirit Winners (Capt. J. Parsons)
* 2011-2012 Kent Metropolitan Spitfire League Champions (Capt K.Ryan)
* 2011-2012 Kent Salver plate Semi-Finalist (Capt K.Ryan)
* 2014-2015 Re-elected to Shepherd Neame Kent 2 (Capt K.Ryan)