Halifax Vandals RUFC is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults in the sport. All children and vulnerable adults are entitled to protection from harm and have the right to take part in sport in a safe, positive and enjoyable environment.
The key principles on which this policy statement are based:
- The welfare of the child or vulnerable adult is paramount
- All participants regardless of age, gender, ability or disability, race, faith, size, language or sexual identity, have the right to protection from harm
- All allegations and suspicions of harm will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly, fairly and appropriately
- Everyone will work in partnership to promote the welfare, health and development of children and vulnerable adults
- The interests of those who work or volunteer with children and vulnerable adults will be protected
- Endorse the core values of Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline and Sportsmanship