Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hanwell Town app


Hanwell Town - Match centre

Hanwell Town
Sat 2 Dec 15:00 - The Evo-Stik South - East Full time Attendance 71

Hanwell Town 2 Aylesbury 3`

Home loss

This was another game in which Hanwell, having taken the lead after twenty minutes, deserved a point but went away empty-handed. The visitors had started strongly, winning three corners early on. Fortunately for Town the delivery was below par each time and all three were cleared by Jesse Kewley-Graham on the near post. The home side then started to assert themselves, but a flowing move involving Peter Dean, Jesse and Glen Yala failed to produce a goal chance. Charlie Mitchell then made himself some space and put over a threatening cross, but Olly Duffy was unable to get in a strike on goal. Up the other end Kerran Lataille fired inches wide from outside the area.
The ensuing ten minutes saw Hanwell on top with Alfie Cain going close from outside the area and Glen and having two powerful shots blocked. The merited goal came, after twenty minutes, when Charlie executed a couple of crowd-pleasing step-overs before driving the ball low into the goal at the near post.
This setback spurred the visitors into action and they had the ball in the net three minutes later but the linesman’s flag was raised for off-side. Debutant defender Eddie Corchoran then did well to block Lataille when he seemed set to score. Sam Bunting was then called into action to make a fine save from Garry Jones’ long-range curler. Lataille had another opportunity to equalize in the thirty-fifth minute but he blazed the ball high and wide. Five minutes later the equalizer that Aylesbury’s play warranted came, when newcomer Mason Welch-Turner was adjudged to have tripped Ty Deacon in the area. Brian Haule made no mistake from the spot.
Hanwell made a positive start to the second period and a move involving Jesse and Charlie saw Peter go close from distance. Glen then played the ball to Alfie on the edge of the area who also fired narrowly wide. This promising opening inspired both the ‘Massive’ to launch into their own version of ‘The Twelve Days of Christmas’ and Ty Deacon to strike the goal of the game from outside the area. Hanwell did not give up and Charlie was causing particular concern for the Moles’ defenders. However the same player lost the ball in seventieth minute enabling Haule to put in Aston Goss. The wide man drew Sam out and fired across the ‘keeper’s body into the net.
Hanwell kept pressing for the ensuing twenty minutes and, as added-on time began, reduced the deficit to a single goal. Olly nodded Charlie’s free kick goal-wards where substitute Ricky Pither made sure it went in. Aylesbury were on the back foot now and another Charlie free kick saw Ashley Jenkins turn Glen’s header for a corner, which was headed off the line as the final whistle blew. Once again Hanwell had put in a storming finish to a game but had failed to convert their possession in the opponent’s third of the pitch into earning a point.

TEAM: 1.Sam Bunting 2.Eddie Corchoran 3.Mason Welch-Turner 4.Joe Chandiram 5.Calum Duffy 6.Oliver Duffy 7.Jesse Kewley-Graham 8.Peter Dean 9.Glen Yala 10.Alfie Cain (17.Ricky Pither 62) 11.Charlie Mitchell. Unused substitutes: 12.Ruddock Yala 14.Mergin Qarri 16.Sam Pekun.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other East results

AFC Dunstable
Arlesey Town
AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Hartley Wintney
Aylesbury United
Barton Rovers
Ashford Town (Middx)
Beaconsfield Town
Chalfont St Peter
Hayes & Yeading United


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
16. Egham Town 42 48
17. Northwood 42 41
18. Hanwell Town 42 34
19. Fleet Town 42 34
20. Barton Rovers 42 33
21. Aylesbury 42 33
22. Arlesey Town 42 14

Team sponsors


Club sponsors