The Early Years
Founded before 1850 the club played friendly matches on the Black Bull Field against such teams as Keighley, Bingley, Burnley, Blackburn and local Needle matches with the surrounding village teams.
The club moved to Harden Beck in 1866 and remained there until 1923, after which time they moved several times to, namely Black Bull Field in 1923, back to Harden Beck in 1927 and finally, via Black Bull Field again, to their present ground at Cuckoo Nest in 1935.
Among noted players who graduated to better clubs are the late Bob Barrett who became Keighley Cricket Club captain and professional for many years. Hardy Rhodes, Percy Leach, The late W. R. Atkinson and Jimmy Holmes all played with the Harden club.
Sir Frank Binns who skippered Harden in the early '20's has been the club President until 1954. Many will remember the late Hugh Forres, who was Secretary for over 25 years.
Harden claim to be the only club who had to win the league by three clear points or be challenged by the team in the second position, namely in 1929.
Harden and Crossflatts contested the 1928 Charity Cup Final at Bingley's ground, the only time the Final has taken place outside Keighley.
The Club played all of their cricket in the West Bradford Cricket League until it's sad demise.
In the years 1910 and 1912 the First XI came Runners Up in The Keighley Charity Cup and in 1924 they ran out as eventual winners.
In 1928 they were Runners Up in the Charity Cup.
In 1929 the First XI Won the League Championship.
In 1933 they were Runners Up again in the Cup.
The 2nd XI were League Champions in 1928 and 1929. With cup appearances in 1931 as Winners and Runners Up in 1933.