Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Harrow Borough Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Frome Town
Harrow Borough
Sat 13 Oct 15:00 - The Evo-Stik South - Premier Division South Full time


Those who only see Harrow at home may be reading this in amazement but, yet again, Harrow collected three points on their travels with this emphatic win in Somerset.

Two superb strikes from wing-backs George Moore and Ryan Haugh, and a stand-out display from goalkeeper Hafed Al-Droubi, were the highlights, but every team member contributed on a fine afternoon.

Anthony O’Connor came in for Dylan Kearney in the one change to the starting line-up. A fierce wind was at Harrow’s backs in the first half (albeit considerably weaker than what it had been in Somerset first thing in the morning), but it was the hosts who were the first to show. Demkiv got clear on the right and crossed for Simpson, whose low drive was well saved by Al-Droubi. But Harrow should have scored with their first attack in the seventh minute. Mitchal Gough’s long ball downfield led to a mix-up between home keeper Carey and skipper Rickie Scott, and O’Connor was faced with an empty net, albeit from a pretty acute angle. His rolling effort went past the near post, but past the far post too.

Gough’s header from a Lewis Cole free-kick was saved by Carey, and O’Connor’s good break on the left ended with a pass to Cole that was just beyond the midfielder. A Frome shot following a half-cleared corner, possibly goalbound, unfortunately for them struck a team-mate, and Al-Droubi saved Kris Scott’s shot at the second attempt, helped by a covering George Fenton. Moore then angled a shot across goal after a buccaneering run.

As the half moved into stoppage time there was a flurry of action. First Bath met a cross from the left with a firm drive at the far post, only to be denied by a truly brilliant, mid-air, twisting save from Al-Droubi. Then Carey tipped over Cole’s 20-yarder, brought about by good work by Moore and Michael Bryan. The resulting corner was met by a powerful header from Shaun Preddie, blocked on the line, followed by a mad scramble before the ball was hacked clear.

There was a feeling at the interval that the game could go either way, but it was Harrow who took it by the scruff of the neck with three goals before the hour. Cole had a shot blocked, and Carey batted away a drive from Moore, before Harrow scored their first on 50 minutes. Ryan Moss found Moore, whose deep cross eluded Frank Keita, but behind him was Ryan Haugh, who adjusted his body shape perfectly to meet the dropping ball and he drove emphatically left-footed past Carey into the far corner.

Borough put their foot to the floor, and when Bryan set him up, Moore’s curling drive from just outside the box brought a great save from Carey, and Gough’s header from the resulting corner was hacked clear by Roberts. The same player then drove a dangerous cross across the Harrow goalmouth, before Harrow doubled their lead in the 55th minute as Bryan played the ball infield for Moore to take a couple of steps forward before unleashing an unstoppable drive than bent round the diving Carey’s right hand into the top corner.

On the hour, it was three. Moss found Moore who got to the right-hand by-line, and his low driven cross was turned past his own keeper by the unfortunate McCormack, under pressure from Moss.

Frome didn’t give up, though, and pulled a goal back after 63 minutes. Demkiv got away from Haugh and drove a low cross that Simpson poked past Al-Droubi. The Robins then looked lively for a while and a second goal at this point could have put the cat among the pigeons. Al-Droubi got down well to save Bath’s shot and Simpson drove over. Bath then got past Gough but was foiled by the Harrow custodian. At the other end Mapstone made an important clearing header from a dangerous Bryan cross, and Moore’s effort from a narrow angle was held by Carey, when he really ought to have rolled the ball across to the waiting Moss or O’Connor.

Demkiv got past Preddie twice, foiled each time by Al-Droubi, who then made a fine save when Carey’s long ball set Simpson free. But the final effort on goal in the game belonged to Harrow, Moss’s effort from a narrow angle crashing off the near post, after substitute Dylan Kearney and Moore had created the opening.

That’s four wins from five on the road for the Borough, and this one was a great birthday gift for Junior Vice-President Francesca Drummond, 18 today. But they still await their first home win. Next chance to set that right is next Saturday, when Dorchester Town are the visitors to The Rogers Family Stadium.

FROME TOWN: James Carey, Conor Roberts, Rickie Scott, Ollie Knowles, Marcus Mapstone, Conor McCormack, Kris Scott (sub Josh Brace, 72 mins), Alex Monks, Ryan Bath (sub Dan Whitley, 86 mins), Kane Simpson, Dan Demkiv. Unused subs: Joe O’Loughlin, Danny Greaves.

HARROW BOROUGH: Hafed Al-Droubi, George Moore, Ryan Haugh, Shaun Preddie, Mitchal Gough, George Fenton, Frank Keita (booked, 83 mins; sub Mark McLeod, 87 mins), Anthony O’Connor (sub Dylan Kearney, 87 mins), Ryan Moss, Michael Bryan (sub Bayley Brown (, 87 mins), Lewis Cole. Unused sub: Harry Rush

Referee: Mr D Wootton

Att: 247

by Simon Grigor

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division South results

Chesham United
Dorchester Town
Walton Casuals
Beaconsfield Town
Hartley Wintney
Basingstoke Town
Poole Town
Taunton Town
Staines Town
Merthyr Town
Swindon Supermarine
Wimborne Town
Kings Langley


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors