Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Hartlepool FC app



Our club was formed initially as the Fens Hotel in the 1993-4 playing in
the Hartlepool Church League and was formed by present general manager Tony Thomas after he called time on playing due to a long term knee injury Barry Murray came in as secrtary as did some new players known to all as TOMO he moved the club forward we then became Warrior FC after moving to the Warrior Pub before changing our name to Arriva FC after the they became sponsors playing on the MANOR COMMUNITY ACADEMY pitch.

As Warrior FC then Arriva FC the club won several local cups, and finished runners up in the Hartlepool Church League twice and also finishing runners-up in the Durham Minor Trophy losing on penalties we then went on to win it the following year With a 5-4 penalty shoot out win over Horden CC at Peterlee FC.

In 2002-3 season, then known as Teesside Arriva after dual sponsorship by Hartlepool and Middlesbrough garages who provided mini coaches for away travel, the club moved into Division 2 of the Teesside League gaining promotion after losing the title on goal difference in the last game of the season after hitting the bar in injury time which would have won the title and winning the Washington Trophy, with a 3-1 win over Spennymoor B.D At Chester-le Street with 2 from Kevin Auton and a Glen Watson Volley a Burness Bowl win over Darlington S.R.M at Wolviston goals from Niel Hay and Dave Clark secured a 2-1 win and finishing as runners-up in the Darlington Charity


Neil Hay won the Golden Boot for being the second Divisions Leading Scorer
he also scored the club's first goal in the Teesside League against Billingham Wanderers

A name change to Hartlepool FC then took place in the close season and in 2003-4 the club won the Teesside league and the Durham Trophy with a 1-0 win over Shildon B.R at Norton Glen Watson scoring a last minute winner and also finished runners-up the following year.
The club's first goal as Hartlepool FC was scored by Paul Hill to win the game 1-0 at Whitby Fishburn Park in the first game in division 1.

In 2006-7 Hartlepool FC gained entry into the Wearside League, and in 2007-8 topped the table in March but several injuries cost the chance of the title. The first Wearside League game was a 5 hour round trip to Cumbria to play Windscale and after leading 1-0 at the break we went down 2-1. Sean Kinnersley scored the first goal on 28 minutes.

The first hat trick was scored by Chris Archer v Windscale at home. The youngest player to play was Matty Thomas at 15 years and 167 days in September 2009. The youngest scorer was Andy Ross at 17 years and 320 days while Jon Gibson played 35 out of the 39 games losing out on a full season due to a ban.

In 2005-6 Shaun Ross became the first club player to be given a chance to play professional football when he was given a one-year contract by fomer Pool's boss Mike Newell at Luton Town FC. Although Shaun never broke into the senior team he did play for the reserves, but returned to us the following year after Newell left the club.

On September 27 2006 the club drew Hartlepool United in the Durham Challenge Trophy at Billingham Town. Although we lost 4-1 we put in a good performance against a team made up of reserves and youth team players who later went on to win the Trophy.

In 2007 club president Tom Harvey was presented at Victoria Park with a gold medal and mementoes from the FA and Durham FA after 50 years service with both associations. Tom, vice president of Durham FA, is also a director. In 2010 Tom was made a life member of Durham FA in recognition of his many years of outstanding service.

In 2005-6 we entered a reserve team in Div 2 of the Teesside League managed by Ron Dowson and Gary Benvin the following season they moved as the senior team into div 1 when we gained entry into the Wearside League and were runners-up in the Lou Moore Trophy, but due to costs and travel we resigned at the end of that season.

In 2005-6 season the club was awarded the F A Charter Standard Club Award
and at the end of the season chairman John Ward was awarded the D.F.A Charter Standard Merit award for work with the Club ,Manor College and Manor residents association.

In season 2004-5 we entered a team in the Durham Lomax u18 league managed by Tony Thomas and Paul Muir. After a good season the club lost 3-2 after extra time in the cup final v Willington who won all the trophies that season. An indifferent season followed as the players were then over age - an attempt to keep going the next season failed due to players moving up and work commitments.

In season 2005-6 Dave Lobb introduced his u16 team playing in the Teesside Alliance and they finished a very respectable 3rd in the league. The following season they won the u18 league title, the Challenge cup with a 3-1 win over Norton & Stockton at Hurworth and the Hartlepool Sports Council team of the year as u17's. In 2007-8 they crowned it all of by winning the Durham u18 trophy with a 5-0 win over Crest at Billingham and only lost the title on goal difference to Marton after conceding a goal in the 6th minute of added time after leading 2-1. Andy Ross was the leagues leading scorer in 2006-7 and Billy Gatenby was the leading scorer in 2007-8.

In 2007-8 we entered a team in the church league managed by Ron Dowson and Darren Rowbotham which included all of the u18 squad. They won the Arnold Swift Trophy with a 2-1 win over Hartlepool Fens were runners-up in the league, and reached the senior Durham Minor Cup semi-final out of 120 teams. In 2008-9 they finished third in the league and reached the last eight in the Minor cup, again out of 128 teams.

During the Season Billy Gatenby and Paul Gibson notched up 122 goals between them playing for the u/18 team and several games for the Reserves
Gatenby scoring 52 for the u/18s and 14 for the reserves Gibson scoring 56 for both teams

In 2006-7 Carl Paylor brought in an u11 team competing in the Russell Foster League but due to small squad called it a day after just one season.

In 2006-7 Andy Nixon brought over his then u13 team and in season 2008-9 were runners-up in the challenge cup after a great run in the county cup. While nearly all the team as Manor College won the county schools cup. This cup, known as the Londonderry Cup, is the oldest school cup competition in Britain and Manor were only the third team from Hartlepool to win it, beating Lord Lawson School in the final at Billingham. Fifteen out of the seventeen player Manor squad in that final have played for, or are still playing for, Hartlepool FC.

This squad moved on to competing in the TJFA U18's league and was run by Chris Jones and John Marsden for two very successful seasons seeing the squad win the Division Two title in 2010-1 and the Division One title in 2011-2.

On June 12th 2010 Hartlepool FC set up a Girls Soccer School at TDSOB club base. These are ninety minute sessions which now take place every Saturday morning at 10-30. Thanks go to Dave Newton, Andrew Nixon, Anthony Thomas and John Marsden for getting this off the ground. The sessions are now administered by Jonny Murray Kerri French and Head Coach Liam Clark.

In the 2010-11 season Andrew Ross won the Wearside League most Man of the Match Awards during the season .

In the 2011/12 season the side finished 12th in the Wearside League, under the stewardship of first Tony Thomas and then Chris Lax from October onwards. The season was most memorable for a scheduled Durham Challenge Cup game against then Blue Square Premier side Darlington. Unfortunately the Quakers entered administration and were unable to fulfil their fixture, meaning Pool got a bye to the second round where they lost 2-0 to Northern League Esh Winning.

On Thursday, May 10, Chris Lax left the club with immediate effect as manager, and club chairman for 12 years John Ward also left the club, after a decade and a two years of excellent, committed service to he club.

In 2011-12 season Mick O'Callaghan and Amy Cowan started a Girls u/11 9 a side team in the Russell Foster Summer league at the start of the season as did
Jonny Murray who formed a boys u/8 Team in the T.J.A.F.L in the same season they won the Hartlepool United Tournament and were beaten finalists in the League cup they then moved on to Greatham FC.

Two weeks after the departure of Chris Lax, on May 25, Wilf Constantine was brought in as the club's new manager, with a coaching staff of his son Jonathan, Paul Pringle and Brain Rowe for the 2012/13 Wearside League season.

Sadly, due to health problems, Constantine was forced to step down from his role as manager in mid-September, leaving the club in a very healthy position of 8th. In caretaker charge was Pringle who steered the side to two successive wins.

On September 26 2012, the club announced their new manager as Gary Benvin who had formerly played for the club and managed the club's reserve side in 2005/06. After a poor run Benvin was replaced by Eddie Routledge and his assistant Don Naylor in March 2013. The clubs Under 21 side clinched the inaugural DFA/Russell Foster U21 league with one game to play and having lost only one game all season.

At the end off the 2013-14 season Jack Gibson became the team youngest scorer at the age of 16 and 62 days.

After the departure off manager Don Naylor on October 4th 2014 the management team from Seaton Carew came on board on November 1st Terry Hill,Chris Birkbeck , Paul and Julie Hackwell and former Chairman John Ward
and secured a Durham Challenge Cup win over Silksworth to set up a 2nd round game at home Northern League Div 1 team Billingham Synthonia.

The club would like to thank Don for all his work keeping the club going during a bad period his hard work paid off as the club survived a financial scare with the Help of Nirimax Waste Disposal Company at the end of 2012

Secretary Chris Murray also deserves great praise during this time.
At the start off 2014-15 season Kevin Faints Seaton Carew u/17 team came on board to play in the Russell Foster Sunday League.

While Paul Beddow's Greatham u/18 team came on board as our reserve team and play in the Durham Alliance league.
Jake Larkin scoring the teams first goal at Shildon Reserves in a 2-2 draw.

A major sponsorship deal with JDR Cable Company in February 2014 as secured the future off the club thanks to all that made this possible.

On January 10th 2015 the club reached the 3rd round of the Durham Challenge Cup for the first time after a 2-0 home win over Northern League Div 1 team Billingham Synthonia with goals from Craig Hutchinson and Matty Kelsey meaning a home tie with high flying Shildon in the quarter final.

On April the 8th 2015 the Reserves went down in the Mark Blake Trophy Final 2-0 to Murton FC the final was clouded when illegal players were allowed to play in the final for the opposition.

on 18th April 2015 the Reserves reached 100 goals for the season when reaching the Washington Aged Persons Trophy Final with a 3-0 win over League leaders Horsley Hill.

On April 29th the Reserves won the Washington Aged Persons Trophy beating unbeaten champions Coundon & Leeholme 3-1 at Brandon goals from Lewis Murphy 2 and Jake Larkin to cap off a great first season in the Durham Alliance.

Reserves captain Aaron Doyle received the Durham Alliance league award for being the leagues Player of the Year. 2014-15

In July 2015 St Francis u/16 team joined the club as our u/17s and will play in the Teesside Junior Alliance u/18 Football League after winning the u/16 league last season managed by Tim Travers and John Garvin.

The Reserve team will compete in the newly formed Durham Alliance Combination League andthe Durham Minor Cup.

On Saturday 3rd October 2015 the team created a new club scoring record with an 13-0 win over Seaham Newwestlea in the Durham Combination Alliance beating the 11-0 win some 7 years ago by the reserve team in the local Church League.
On Saturday 21st November 2015 the team improved on this with a 16-0 win over Wallsend Town with Elliott Beddow and Karl Hammond both scoring 6 goals on the same day the Wearside League team had there biggest league win by 11-1 over Annfield Plain Alex Marshall and Ash Turnbull both scoring Hat-Tricks.

On the 19th April 2016 the u/17 team won the Durham FA u/18 Cup with a 2-1 win over a strong Darlington Youth team after a great defensive performance goals from Adam Stokle and John Stephenson secured the trophy
against all the odds,Stephenson hitting 56 goals for the u/17s and senior teams.

On Friday May 6th 2016 the Reserves won the Durham Minor Cup with a 1-0 win over Wear Valley FC a Tom Hickey penalty on 19 minutes secured the Cup after a excellent defensive display. On Tuesday 10th May the Reserve team won the Clem Smith Bowl @ Shildon with a 2-1win over Bishop Auckland Reserves Rhys Morris scoring both goals
Elliott Beddow also received the Durham Alliance player of the year award before the game from Steve Futters
at the end of the season the team decided to move to Billingham Town and play as there Reserve team in the Teesside League after two excellent season's at the club in the Durham Alliance.

On Friday 13th May the Wearside League Team surprisingly lost 3-1in the final of the Durham Trophy @ Norton against Seaham Red Star Reserves
Alex Marshall give the team an early lead but great goalkeeping and several easy missed chances saw us go down in a game we dominated.

The team finished 5th in the league the highest finish scoring 139 league and cup goals another record and gained the highest number of points for a season a great season despite the cup defeat in which the team played 51 games in league and cup.

In 2016-17 the u/18 team won the Russell Foster Youth League Division 1
John Stephenson winning the Golden Boot Award and keeper Gary Filipiak the Golden Gloves award the team scored 109 goals in 22 league and cup games.

The senior team finished 7th and reached the semi-final of the Durham Trophy scoring 104 goals in 46 games in league and cup.
Jamie Tumilty scoring 25 while John Stephenson hit 16 and 35 for the u/18 team after scoring 56 last season he hit the 50 mark again with 51.

2017-18 Season last years u/18s moved into the new North Riding FA u/19 league
the gIn June our new u/8s team coached by Mark Loynes and George Bell started in great style winning the Mount Pleasant Tournament being unbeaten in 7 games then the Norton & Stockton Anceints Tournament and will play in the T.J.F.A League another tournament win in the Greatham festival

2017-18 season On 29th July our new u/12s won the Kader FC u/12s tournament in Middlesborough a great start for the team and management

2017-18 season we now have u/8s , u/9s ,u/12s u/13s and u/23 teams in the club playing in the TJFA ,North Riding FA ,Durham FA Sunday and the Russell Foster Youth Leagues.

A new venture starting in September is Hartlepool FC Kickers for children between the ages of 3-6 year old. with coaches Ashleigh Hackwell and Lucy Okeefe is now bases at Manor Community Academy

In September 2017 Andy Elsdon new u/9s win the Next Level Coaching tournament in there first games for the club

In October 2017 the u/8s team won the Hartlepool Sports Councils team of the year award

In February 2018 the u/9s won the RRussell Foster youth League Winter league division 2 title on the same day the u/12s reached division 4 league cup final in the T.J.FA League

On Saturday 21st April u/8s Kobey Bell scored his 100th goal of the season in 29 games.

On Tuesday 24th April the u/12s were confirmed as TJFA League division 4 title winners in their first year at the club.

On Saturday the 5th May 2018 the senior team won their first Wearside League Trophy winning the Alan Hood Charity League Cup beating Hebburn Town Reserves 5-4 on penalties after a 2-2 draw a late goal by Sam Cook sent the game into penalties and 2 great saves by Elliot Coils left Mike Snowdon to score the winning penalty after he had hit the post in injury time.

On Saturday 12th May Jamie Tumilty ws confirmed as the Wearside League leading goalscorer with 41 league and cup goals for 2017-18 season the first time local player has done this in 125 years in the leagueS HISTORY.
On the same day u/8s Harvey Thompson signed forms with Sunderland Academy

Onthe 18th My 2018 the u/12s completed the League and Cup doublethen the following day the u/9s won Division 1 of the RFYL to gain promotion to the premiership and picked up the Newcastle United Trophy

On June 16 2018 the u/10s won the Mount Pleasant Rangers Tournament
while the 2 new u/9 teams started their season in the Russell Foster League and the new girls u/13 team played their second friendly and the new u/11 team took part in the St Francis u/12tournament.

Where next?


Club sponsors