Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Heanor Town Football Club app


Parkgate FC 1-1 Heanor Town FC

4 years ago By Tony Squires

Tuesday 28th October NCEL Premier Division

Parkgate FC 1-1 Heanor Town FC

Heanor travelled to mid table Parkgate aiming to take maximum points out of their visit. However, through stubborn defending and a lacklustre Heanor performance both sides had to settle for a point.
It took fifteen minutes for The Lions to register their first effort, the ball ending up in the back of the net via an offside effort from Gary Ricketts, the giant forward unlucky to see his powerful header chalked off.
Just three minutes later Adam Stapleford-Jones fired from twenty five yards but saw his strike fly high over Ian Deakin's crossbar.
Kieran Debrouwer and Sam Jones tested Daniel Horton in quick succession before Courey Grantham’s twenty eight minute dart towards the by-line saw him fouled by Horton, Stuart Richardson rightly pointing to the penalty spot.
Sam Jones collected the ball and with consummate ease he placed the ball out of Horton’s reach into the bottom left corner to give his side the lead.
This is where Heanor should have taken note of the way Grantham beat the full back and made use of it, sadly this didn’t happen.
In a game where frustration was becoming more and more evident from the Parkgate players it wasn’t going to be long until a player was cautioned, Ryan Johnson, on his Parkgate debut after signing from Parramore, found himself studs up on Paulo Piliero to receive the booking.
Marriott delivered a measured cross on forty two minutes, Debrouwer's header saved by chance by Horton, the young stopper falling onto the ball.
The half ended with Ricketts acrobatically controlling the ball and feeding Piliero, his effort clipping the back of Horton’s calf and deflecting wide for a corner.
In the dying seconds of the half Strzyzewski replaced Henshaw who retreating with a slight hamstring strain.

The second half should have been all Heanor. Whatever Parkgate manager, Steve Adams, said to his players at half time rejuvenated them into matching Heanor across the park.
On sixty five minutes they had their first shot on goal, and what a chance it was. A Heanor mistake gave Parkgate the chance to feed Stapleford-Jones who crashed his shot against the underside of the crossbar and away for Marriott to clear his lines.
Just a minute later it wasn’t a mis-hit shot that Parkgate benefitted from, Stapleford-Jones fired at goal and Deakin pushed the ball away. Unfortunately the ball fell to top scorer Scott Whittington who nodded the ball into the bottom corner to restore parity.
Kieran Debrouwer then came to life for Heanor, with efforts coming on seventy four and seventy six minutes, his first fizzing wide and his second being plucked out the skies by Horton.
Gerry Moran replaced Piliero on eighty minutes and he looked to turn Heanor’s fortunes, creating great moves and breaking up play.
Debrouwer fired a free kick goal wards on eighty seven minutes, the wall deflecting the ball to Booth who saw his shot blocked away to Sam Jones who fired narrowly wide as the Parkgate players put their whole bodies in front of the ball.
With less than a minute to go Horton saved Parkgate from a defeat in spectacular style, tipping Grantham’s shot wide for a corner.

Deakin, Marriott, Shaw, Booth, Henshaw (Strzyzewski 45+2), Hawes, Grantham, Jones, Ricketts, Debrouwer, Piliero (Moran 80).
Subs not used: McNicholas, Ratcliffe, Rogers.

Man of the match: Danny Booth

Where next?


Sat 26 Jan
First Team West Bridgford
League 15:00
Sat 2 Feb
First Team Radford
League 15:00
Sat 9 Feb
First Team Teversal
League 15:00

Team sponsor


Club sponsor