The new rugby club will comprise of:
- A 250 car and 6 coach car park
- A large Indoor training facility, suitable for indoor football, netball etc
- A high quality clubhouse with 8 changing rooms, bar and dining/function room and 350seater stand
- 4 x grass adult pitches, 2 with floodlights
- 2 x grass junior pitches
- A floodlit, full size 3G pitch
Hereford Rugby Club would like to thank all councillors who voted for the project; not least Dave Greenow who proposed approval and Marcella Lloyd-Hayes and Phil Edwards who seconded the motion, they and others all spoke so well in support of the application.
“All at the rugby club should obviously be delighted with the decision, this has secured the long term future for the club and will allow us to expand and progress, however now the hard work starts. Today’s approval was only for outline planning permission, we now need to produce the detailed design and get planning permission for this, only then can we start building. There are still a few more hurdles to overcome, but assuming all things go well I would hope to complete the move to Hampton Park, by the summer of 2014” said Malcolm Harris.
Thanks go to all who've been involved in making this happen, with special call out to Malcolm Harris, Guy Griffiths and Phil Green for all their hard work and dedication.