Welcome to the Heriot's CC website. Founded in 1889, one of the oldest cricket clubs in Scotland.
George Heriot’s School Former Pupils Cricket Club, now known as Heriot's Cricket Club, was founded at a meeting held in the well-known Edinburgh school George Heriot's School on 5 December 1889. The foundation took some months before that of the Former Pupils Rugby Club in October 1890, Heriot's Rugby Club so the Cricket Club is the senior Heriots Former Pupils Club. Its first home was the almost as new but not very lovely or spacious Logie Green (also known as Puddocky thanks to a local population of frogs), the school sports ground in the Warriston district of Edinburgh. The move to the present ground at Goldenacre, Goldenacre less than half a mile away, was completed in 1902. The ground’s fine red-brick pavilion, which still dominates the main square as well as commanding a magnificent view of Edinburgh, also dates back to that time. The very first delivery at Goldenacre, by William White of Heriot's, produced a simple caught-and-bowled chance, promptly grassed – not the last easy catch to be dropped at the ground.