A BRIEF HISTORY
The village of Hesketh Bank has a long tradition of football going back as far as the late 19th century. The present club was formed in 1922. Until the 1987/88 season when joining the West Lancashire League, the club played mainly in the local Southport & District League. In common with most village sides, the club was kept alive by the efforts of a small number of individuals who worked hard to provide football for the community.
In the late 1970's and early 1980's there was a complete re-organisation of the club which saw a planned programme of improvements, including the re-drainage of the pitch, building of changing rooms in conjunction with the Cricket Club, pitch side fencing, the stand and refreshment facilities.
In 1995 a new unified club was born out of an amalgamation of the senior club and the Hesketh Bank Boys club who had been formed in 1972. The club now currently operates teams from under 8's through to Veterans. All the teams are sponsored which enables them to turn out in the traditional black and amber quartered kits. The amalgamation of the two clubs helps maintain the continuity of youngsters being able to move up through the youth teams and into the senior squads.
TO BE CONTINUED.....