Go forth and do these things.
1. Embrace contact- tackling and being tackled. . . good form and mental commitment are the keys.
2. Never go for a dummy . . . if he looks like he's going to pass, hit him to keep him from supporting.
3. Come up on defense together . . . sprinting up too fast leaves as big a gap as not coming up at all.
4. Don't worry about the tackler, he'll find you . . . keep your eyes on the man you're passing to.
5. Low man wins . . . if you're carrying the ball, making the tackle or coming into a ruck.
6. Don't lean on a ruck . . . move the pile or stay out.
7. If you have the ball you should be trying to beat the defense with every fiber of your being . . . if not, get it out of your hands.
8. Only those who know how to kick should . . . and only if they know why.
9. You should always be in the best place to help your team . . . or running to get there.
10. Play tends to drift away from where it started . . understand why this matters and use it to be a more effective player.