We had an incredible turn out for our spring season kick-off!
We want to extend a big thank you to all who came out to mingle with the Hoyden Family. Our recruiting chair has been doing a great job. About half of the group were current players and half were new!
We had some great getting-to-know you activities, conversations, and some good ol' outdoor Rugby fun!
A little summary of nitty gritty details that were discussed:
- Our season is officially kicked off! All are still welcome to come, play, and experience the team.
- Our practices run on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6-8pm at Thatcher Park in Indianapolis.
- Our season will be kicked off with our first Tournament (NASH-BASH!) the weekend of March 25th. Most of us carpool and drive down on the 24th, then drive back on the 26th. There will be mucho fun to be had.
- Remember to play with us you need to CIPP with us :)
Find the Indianapolis Women's Rugby Football Club! (IWRFC) If you need help - seek one of the current players.
- From there our season continues with:
April 1st - away game against Scioto Valley
April 8th - home game against Louisville
April 22nd - Touch game with the Westside Outcasts - Indy Men's Club
May 6th - away game vs. Illiana
May 13th - away game vs. Ft. Wayne
- Our Sevens (7's!!!) season starts shortly after the spring season ends.
Schedule for 7's Rugby TBD. Focus is to be had on our Spring Season!
A lot more happened - these are just the highlights. Please contact the Indy Hoyden Facebook Page for more information.
Updated 13:40 - 27 Feb 2017 by Sarah Prizio