Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Ingles Football Club app


First Team - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Sat 8 Sep 15:00 - East Midlands Counties League - Premier League Full time Attendance 81

1-0 defeat on a disapponting afternoon

Ingles lost there 100% home record this season as they were beat marginally 1-0 by Nottinghamshire outfit Clipstone FC due too a moment of brilliance, on a wet and blustery afternoon at the dovecote

Ingles 0-1 Clipstone

Saturday 8th September 2018

Written by Kieran King

Ingles lost there 100% home record this season as they were beat marginally 1-0 by Nottinghamshire outfit Clipstone FC due too a moment of brilliance, on a wet and blustery afternoon at the dovecote.

Ingles came into this game off the back of a thrilling 2-2 draw in the FA Vase at Melton town last time out and had the first half chance of the game within 8 minutes as James Brooks met a header from a corner but the former Quorn man couldn’t guide it towards the Clipstone goal and didn’t trouble Dave Sheppard in the Clipstone net.

The game started off very scrappy and a lot of fouls were occurring, which caused the game to be stopped on a lot of occasions and neither team were having lots of possession either.

After 19 minutes, the away side had their first good opportunity and it came from a corner where Julian Topliss whipped in a delightful inswinger from the left side but nobody was there to get a touch onto it and Ingles managed to clear the danger.

Shortly after, on 25 minutes Clipstone created the best chance of the game so far as Adon Spencer who was solid all game on the left side of the away defence, drove a lovely flighted free kick from around the half way line into the box but the skipper James Gregory couldn’t direct the effort with his head on target.

Clipstone then began to grow into this encounter having a number of corners as Topliss was creating havoc in the Ingles box with his pinpoint deliveries but none of them were taken.

The deadlock was soon broken, as after 42 minutes Topliss scored a wonderfully whipped free kick from just less than 25 yards out into the top right corner of the Ingles net, with Buchanan only able to get fingertips to the effort. The awarding of the free kick came from a late tackle by Josh Bowley on the edge of the box, who was therefore booked for his troubles. This was Topliss’s 3rd goal in all competitions for the away side this term. This was the first bit of brilliance and of real quality that has been produced so far in the game.

Ingles had the last chance of note in the first half as Sean Woolley hit a dipping free kick from around 25 yards out which was deflected just over the bar. That was then it for the first half of this tight encounter which has seen a number of fouls and a superb free kick which did split the sides at the half way mark in Shepshed.

Within 5 minutes of the restart, Clipstone should’ve doubled the lead, it was a long ball which deceived the Ingles back line and Tim Gregory went through and only had Buchanan to beat but he blazed the effort over the crossbar with his left foot.

Ingles manager Matt Smith made a few changes early into the second period, bringing Kyle Fowkes and Top scorer Laithan Hammond onto the pitch to aim to change the game. Shortly after, Ingles managed to create some good pressure, creating a number of opportunities. The first good chance coming from Sam Kee who drove a laid off free kick towards goal from around 30 yards out but it was stopped brilliantly by Sheppard, tipping it around the post. Then on 65 minutes Dean Copson clipped a flighted ball into the former Coalville Town man Fowkes who flicked it onto Hammond at the back post but his right footed effort was well blocked on the line to deny Ingles the equaliser they were really looking for.

The hosts had another good shooting chance on 74 minutes as Dan Jelly produced some neat footwork and was then fouled on the right side of the area. Woolley who wasn’t at his best all afternoon and was frustrated, stepped up to take it but he could only smash it over the bar, causing Sheppard no trouble in the Clipstone net.

With 5 minutes to go Clipstone went on the counter attack and definitely should’ve wrapped the game up but Tim Gregory who missed a glorious chance earlier in the second half, cut inside from the right and missed the target again, he ran one on one with Oliver Buchanan but he lost his composure in the vital moment putting the left footed chance just wide of the post.

Ingles pilled a lot of pressure towards the dying moments whipping a lot of crosses in but most of them were dealt with by the resilient Jason Gregory and also the left back Spencer who was my man of match this afternoon. Ingles couldn’t find that cutting edge to score and the referee blew the final whistle sealing a 4th league win of the season and a second away win in a row for Clipstone but Ingles lost there 100% home record and recorded a second defeat of the campaign. Ingles next face Melton Town at home in a FA Vase 1st qualifying round replay on Wednesday the 12th of September with a 7:45pm kick off.

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Video Advertising

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier League results

Eastwood Community
Ashby Ivanhoe
Kimberley Miners Welfare
Rainworth Miners Welfare
Newark Flowserve


Loading comments

Team sponsors

Club sponsors