Although there is evidence of the existence of a Kings Norton Rugby Club prior to May 1923, records show that Kings Norton Rugby Football Club was founded and became affiliated to the Rugby Football Union and the North Midland Football Union in May 1923.
By 1925 two teams were being fielded and it became necessary to move the rendezvous to the Bulls Head, where changing facilities were available.
These premises were used until 1939.
In 1929 the club joined the Worcestershire and Herefordshire Union of Rugby Football Clubs and was soon represented in the county side.
In the following year Kings Norton won the inaugural North Midlands Union 7-a-side competition (a fine double was achieved when Kings Norton Colts won the Inaugural North Midlands Union Colts 7-a-side competition at the Reddings in 1963/64).
A better ground on Redditch Road was occupied in 1931 and in 1934 three teams were run for the first time.
The ground in Bells Lane became available in 1938 when two pitches were laid out. In the following year a car park was formed and permission obtained for a pavilion, however the Second World War caused a suspention of all activities.
In 1946 the club reformed and the tenancy of the ground renewed reusing the changing rooms at the Bulls Head.
The 1948-9 season saw the first post war feilding of three teams and an Easter tour.
A fine pavilion was officially opened in September 1949 by the President of the North Midlands Football Union. It afforded changing rooms for four teams, baths and showers, a large clubroom and bar. The club's excellent facilities enabled it to be host to county matches, trials and 7-a-side competitions.
During 1973, its jubilee year, the club was forced to move from its Bells Lane ground due to county boundary changes and housing development.
Considerable fundraising activities enabled the club to purchase 12.5 acres of farmland in Ash Lane, Hopwood.
The clubhouse was officially opened by the President of the North Midlands Rugby Union Houghton Harris. This ground with its two-storey clubhouse and three full size pitches, plus generous space for further development provides ample scope for all year round sport and a full supplementary social programme.
In 1980 an extension to the clubhouse was completed comprising two extra changing rooms and an additional lounge.
The club hosted the North Midlands Colts 7-a-side competition in seasons 81/82, 82/83, 85/86 and County Colts matches.
For the 60th Anniversary season new training lights were installed and a large patio was laid out at the front of the clubhouse. The 1st XV celebrated this anniversary with a post war record of playing results winning 24 games with one draw and ten defeats.
This record was improved upon during the 84/85 season.