Advice on becoming a referee from Phil Sharp, Herts FA's Referee Development Officer. You can call Phil on 01462 650220 or email: email@example.com.
With the New FA practical referee course up and running I wanted to explain the new process for people to book onto a course.
In the past everyone has been asked to complete a course application form (which is where I have your details from) and then I would inform you of any local courses but with the prolonged delay with the new course and shortage of qualified tutors we are changing things.
The FA have introduced a pre-course workshop which we are calling GET INTO REFEREEING.
Anyone who wants to attend the NEW FA referee course has to book onto and attend this workshop as the pre-requisite to booking onto any referee course.
This workshop will detail what the new course is all about and the commitment required to complete the qualification as a registered referee.
Anyone aged under 18 is required to bring a Parent/Legal Guardian with them to the workshop (only) so they too understand the course criteria and what’s expected after attending the course.
We have started setting up these GET INTO REFEREEING workshops on our website in the COURSES section: https://eventspace.thefa.com/hertfordshirefa/participant/s.aspx?eventlen=55
• It will take you to this page (below) showing the optional workshops available.
• Click on the workshop you wish to attend – If it states FULL, it’s sold out and I would ask you to book onto another suitable workshop.
• You can attend any workshop, which will then allow you to receive details of all future courses.
• It will ask you to set up a FAN number and Password (if you don’t have them?)
• Please remember to set up The FAN number for the person who wants to book onto the workshop/Course.
• There will be no further communication by email to inform everyone of courses/workshops but would ask you to check our courses page on a regular basis in the future for new workshop details.
• Only the workshops shown are confirmed but others will be set up throughout the year.