Joining Lansdown Hockey Club is easy – just turn up to training!
We understand that moving to a new club or starting again after a long break can be a bit of a daunting experience, so contact the relevant section in advance to let us know that you are coming along so that we can look out for you.
Get in touch
We’re looking forward to hearing from you...
• Men’s Contact is Stuart Kedge – 07837 445289 - Mens1@lansdownhockey.co.uk
• Ladies Contact is Rachel Simmons – 07769 755211 - Ladies1@lansdownhockey.co.uk
• Juniors Contact is Ian Matthews – 07814 949961 - Juniors@lansdownhockey.co.uk
Juniors at Lansdown Hockey Club train on a Tuesday night at Bournside School in Cheltenham.
Senior training on a Wednesday evening from 8pm to 10pm at Brockworth Sport Centre, Brockworth
So you have nothing to lose – come along, try us out and enjoy the experience, we’ll get you playing in a team as soon as you’re signed up.
When is hockey training at Lansdown Hockey Club in Cheltenham?
SENIORS EVERY WEDNESDAY FROM:
• 14 September to 7 December 2016
• 11 January to 22 March 2017
(7.45pm arrival) 8.00pm (on pitch) – 10.00pm All Men’s and Ladies Teams
JUNIORS EVERY TUESDAY FROM:
13 September to 6 December 2016 (excluding 25 October)
10 January to 21 March 2017 (excluding 14 February)
U8s & U10s – Registration from 5.20pm, on pitch 5.30pm – 6.30pm
U12s - Registration from 6.20pm, on pitch 6.30pm – 7.30pm
U13s+ (inc Vixens & Badgers) - Registration from 7.20pm, on pitch 7.30pm – 8.30pm
I'm Moving Clubs
Note that the cases below only applies to players playing senior hockey. Badgers / Vixens do not have the same rules. Your captain will be able to advise you.
1. If you're joining us at the start of the winter league season or joining mid-season having not played for any other club in a league match that season, it's all pretty straight forward. We register you with the league and you start playing games along with the other longer standing players.
2. If you're joining mid-season having played for another club in the West, you may have to wait a week before you can play. We'll need you to speak to the secretary from your old club and get them to sign the transfer papers (these are in the league book) - the sooner you can do this the better! Bring the transfer papers to your new captain, and they'll arrange the rest of the paperwork to get you officially transferred to Lansdown Hockey Club in Cheltenham.
3. If you a transferring from another regional league or National League mid-season, the process may be quicker. You still need transfer papers (or in the case of National League an email) sent to the league by Wednesday so that we can register you with the West League, but you may be able to play having not missed a game. It depends on how quickly you can get the transfer setup and if the regional league enforce any rules.
I can't play league games for Lansdown Hockey Club - I just want to go to hockey training
That's fine with us. We'd treat you as a social member. As we said previously, training is free, but everyone is expected to pay a subscription fee ( Membership is online via 'membermojo.co.uk/lansdown or click on the link from our homepage ). Once you've paid us that fee, you're welcome to continue coming to training & joining in with our social events as much as you are able.
It's summer - can I get involved?
Yes - Lansdown Hockey Club is the sociable club in Cheltenham so there is plenty of summer league hockey to get involved in. We generally have teams entered into the Mixed summer hockey league and Men’s / Ladies summer hockey leagues in Gloucester and Newent.
If you have a genuine interest in joining the club, we will make our best efforts to get you involved in games that you're available for. That's what summer league is for, so don't worry about pushing out longer standing club members. It's all about having fun and meeting new people.
In addition, we have summer training which usual starts in August and fitness training starts earlier for those who are really keen!
[Post Edited Thursday 26th of September 2013 12:12 PM]
[Post Edited Tuesday 11th of November 2014 09:10 AM]
[Post edited Wednesday 24th August 2016 9:23 PM]
[Post edited Thursday 13th October 2016 7:24 PM]