Lasswade were proud to accept their accreditation from Bill McLaren Foundation patrons - Linda and Alan Lawson in glorious sunshine and in front of a huge number of parents and players on Sunday 27th. We are only the fourth club in Scotland to receive the award which is in association with the Sport Scotland, Scottish Rugby and Winning Scotland Foundation.
It has been an result of several months work with club coaches and Bosman Du Plessis, the programme co-ordinator to draw up the clubs' new Mission Statement, Core Values and Coach, Player and Spectator guides.
We have now set up a formal structure of culture keepers that allow coaching methods and practices to be shared across all year groups ensuring that the same ethos & values are applied. As a club, it is crucial that we have a standard set that everyone (parents, coaches & players) adheres to.
The culmination was Sunday's parents workshop where the aims of the programme were explained to all our parents. It was great to see so many parents engage with the workshop and show enthusiasm towards the programme's aims.
Lasswade Rugby Football Club Mission Statement
Lasswade RFC aims to provide a positive rugby experience for all players, Coaches, Parents and other members by honouring the game of rugby. We will do this by promoting the values of; RESPECT, RUGBY FOR ALL, CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT, CLUB UNITY and COMMUNITY FOCUS.
To achieve this we will:
- Promote sportsmanship, self-discipline and obey the laws of the game.
- Show respect to officials, opponents and team-mates.
- Strive to ensure anyone who wishes to participate in the sport has the chance to do so at Lasswade RFC.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement and development on and off the field of play.
- Value the contribution of every member, player, coach, parent or volunteer.
- Reach out to wider community to promote, develop and grow the game of rugby.
More details can be found on our PCS page here -