Reflecting the current buoyant atmosphere at Hawthornden. this was one of the shortest AGMs in living memory.
Ian Barr was able to report a successful year for the Club on all fronts and especially our promotion back to the third tier of Scottish and Andy Hall as Treasurer recorded a satisfactory 12 months financially - but more money would always be useful!
The healthy state of the Club owes a lot to the stewardship of Ian Barr who has taken a step back after 15 years in the role - perhaps a record for a modern day amateur sports club. Led by his unanimously elected successor, Billy Knowles, the meeting expressed their great apreciation of Ian's sterling work for the Club.
The other main elections/appointments are
- George Anderson contunues as Honorary President
- Bob Knowles succeeds the late lamented George Lyall as Honorary Vice President
- Neil Sutherland is Vice Pesident whilst also continuing as Secretary
- Andy Hall will continue as custodian of the Club's finances
- Richard Borthwick earned his seond year as Ist XV Captain and will be ably assisted by
- Mark Billingham as Vice Captain and
- Brian Hughes has been retained as Head Coach.
All members are reminded that Annual Subsciptions are due and payable now or if paying by standing order these need to be set up more or less immediately.
Updated 01:08 - 13 Sep 2017 by Richard Payne