Leek Rugby Union Football Club Constitution
1. The name of the club shall be "Leek Rugby Union Football Club".
2. The objects of the club shall be to play, encourage and provide facilities for the game of Rugby Union Football and to maintain and conduct a clubhouse for the accommodation of member and their guests. The game shall be played and the club administered in accordance with the Rules and Bye-Laws of the Rugby Football Union and the Club shall be in membership with the Rugby Football union and such other Associations as the Committee may from time to time decide.
3. The property of the club shall be vested on four Trustees who shall be appointed by the Members of the Club at an Annual General Meeting. Any General meeting shall have the power to remove any of the Trustees and all vacancies occurring by removal, resignation or death shall be filled at the same or the next general meeting. The liabilities of the Club shall rest upon the officers and Members of the Club and the Trustees shall be indemnified against risk and expense out of the Club property or otherwise by the Officers and members.
4. A General Committee (hereinafter referred to as "The Committee") shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting to administer all the affairs of the Club not reserved by these Rules for the Club in General Meeting
5. The Committee shall consist of the President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Club Captain, Bar Committee Chairman, Staffordshire R U Representative, Deputy Presidents (three) and eight other members. Only full voting Members shall be eligible for election to the Committee.
6. The Officers of the Club shall be President, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Captains and Vice-Captains of each XV, Team Secretaries, Fixture Secretary, Social Secretary, Bar Committee Chairman, Publicity Secretary, Staffordshire Representative, and such other Officers as the Club in General Meeting may form time to time determine.
7. The purchase and supply by the Club of intoxicating liquor shall be the responsibility of a Bar Committee, consisting of a Chairman and four other members elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
8. The Committee may from time to time elect such Sub Committees as it may deem necessary or expedient any may depute to any Sub-Committee such powers and duties as it may determine. All Resolutions and Recommendations of any of the Sub-Committees shall be subject to confirmation by the Committee except in those cases in which full executive powers have been given to any Sub-Committee. The Chairman of the Committee shall be an ex-official Member of all Sub-Committees.
9. The Chairman of the Club or his nominee shall take the chair at all Meetings of the Committee and Sub-Committees and shall have a second or casting vote.
10. At Meetings of the Committee seven Members shall form a quorum and at Meetings of the Bar Committee and Sub-Committees one half of the Members shall form a quorum.