Player Retention and Recruitment Officer:
Please Note: This is an unpaid, Voluntary Position.
The Player Retention Officer is responsible for:
• Recruiting new players at all age groups/levels.
• Retaining Current Players at all age groups/levels.
Responsibilities shall include:
• Liaising with all team members, coaches and officials (and parents where applicable), to ensure the players are correctly guided through their career.
• Acting as liaison officer between the Club and players thinking of leaving the club.
• Ensuring all welfare and safety requirements for all players are met.
• Working with local Schools, Colleges, and Universities to attract new players to the club.
• Liaising with the Social Committee to arrange events to attract/retain players.
• Distributing to players and coaches all required information and updates
Player Retention Officer is responsible to the Director of Rugby.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Requirements
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to effectively liaise with players, coaches and administrators
• Strong organisational skills
• Good ability to balance a determined and persistent approach with a sense of fun and enjoyment
• Flexibility, committed and able to use weekend and evening hours to meet the needs of the club, local schools, colleges and universities.
• Good empathy with all age groups, especially 14 to 25+ year olds.
• Sound knowledge of the selection procedures and rules/regulations of the competition
• DBS/CRB Clearance
• Previous management of a Club team
• Current First Aid certificate
The Player Retention Officer is appointed for a period of 12 months by the Club Committee.