After gifting their opponents a two goal lead the Whites showed a different side of their game and produced a gutsy performance in the second half to find a way back from 3-1 down despite having two sent off.

A bright start saw Sam Wilkinson volley just over and Tom Garrick head narrowly wide as the front three of Wilkinson, Garrick and Jake Gibson looked to force an opening.

The in 8th minute Loughborough took the lead with their first meaningful attack. A break down the right which looked suspiciously offside saw Jamie Clarke unmarked in the middle to give Dynamo an 8th minute lead.

United's midfield trio of Jack McGovern,George Zuerner and Liam Bull weren't at their best, having been outstanding in the last three fixtures and that is where Dynamo got on top.

The cheap posession they were allowed meant we were put under undue pressure, particularly down the flanks. By the 10th minute United were two down when the lively Luke Edwards got in far too easily and his shot found a way under Michael Cooke in the Whites goal.

Cooke mad a good save shortly after and in the middle of the first half United were just about hanging on. McDaid saw his header blocked on line and United looked likely to get back in it from a series of set pieces.

A lifeline appeared right on half time when Craig Levertt and Gibson combined and Jack McGovern made a great run to score from close range.

The second half started as a mirror image of the first with United starting brightly and then being rocked bak on the heals with a 53rd minute goal. A long punt forward should have been swept up by Cooke but as he stayed rooted to his line Shawn Richards scored with ease.

Jake Gibson latched onto a through ball from McGovern to pull a goal back in the 64th minute

Then came the series of sending offs. Liam Bull committed a foul having been booked earlier in the game. The referee who made some strange decisions throughout deemed it as a second yellow and Bully was marched off.

Jerome Chambers was introduced to bolster the midfield and with one of his first touches he hooked a ball on which saw a raised hand and Tom Garrick converted the penalty.

Sean Wright was then sent off as he got tangled up with a Loughborough defender and both got their marching orders. There further bookings as the officials whose indecision had led to a scrappy game lost any control they might have had.

The result put paid to Dynamo's slim play-off hopes.


Nobody has commented yet. Be the first!


Nobody has commented yet. Be the first!

Opposition Match Report

View Match Centre »

An entertaining game with six goals but the after match discussions were all about the referee’s decisions.

View Match Centre »

Other First Division South Results

Loughborough Dynamo 3 3 Lincoln United Att. 106
Market Drayton Town 1 1 Rainworth Miners Welfare Att. 105
New Mills 4 2 Coalville Town Att. 201
Sutton Coldfield Town 6 1 Brigg Town Att. 101
Kidsgrove Athletic 0 0 Ilkeston FC Att. 240
Hucknall Town 1 0 Newcastle Town Att. 109
Carlton Town 3 1 Sheffield FC Att. 137
Goole AFC 1 1 Leek Town Att. 114
Grantham Town 1 0 Quorn Att. 413
Belper Town 2 1 Romulus Att. 158


or Register to add a comment

Team Sponsors