CHILD PROTECTION POLICY
Livingston Rugby Club is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care. It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation. For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures a child is someone under the age of 18 years.
Staff and volunteers will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people.
The policy if based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status,
- religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone's responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents/carers to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
Livingston Rugby Club will:
- Promote the health and welfare of children by providing opportunities to take part in rugby safely.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise its staff, members and volunteers to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff, members and volunteers to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this Policy and these procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by local Child Protection Committees for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within Scottish Rugby.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within Scottish Rugby
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
ASSOCIATED POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Club Recruitment Policy
- Club Code of Conduct
- Are You Ready To Play Rugby (Scottish Rugby)
- Age-Grade Law variations and regulations (Scottish Rugby)
- Welfare and Child Protection Guidelines
- Responding to Concerns procedures
In line with its obligations under the Scottish Rugby Participation agreement a child protection officer (CPO) has been appointed to co-ordinate child protection and welfare on behalf of Livingston Rugby Club and to provide a main point of contact for staff and volunteers, parents and children in need of support, advice or training or if they need to report a concern.
C/O Livingston Rugby Club
Although matters relating to the welfare of children at Livingston Rugby Club should ordinarily be referred in the first instance to the club CPO the Scottish Rugby Lead officer for Child Protection and Welfare may also be contacted
for support and advice on any child protection matter by any CPO, child, parent, staff member or volunteer at any time.
Contact Details: Jo Wells| Lead officer Child Protection and Welfare| Scottish Rugby | Murrayfield Stadium |
Edinburgh | EH12 5PJ | Tel: 0131 346 5000 | DL: 0131 346 5086 Mob: 07764178907| Fax: 0131 346 5001
Scottish Rugby acts as the umbrella body for the purposes of processing applications for the disclosure check of volunteers working with children at rugby clubs in Scotland. Accordingly a PVG administrator has been appointed to process applications for club volunteers and to advise and support Club Child Protection officers on matters relating to the PVG scheme.
Contact Details: Kathleen E Munroe| Governance Administrator | Scottish Rugby | Murrayfield Stadium |
Edinburgh | EH12 5PJTel: 0131 346 5000 | DL: +44 (0)131 346 5102 | Mob: 07753 898994 | Fax: +44 (0)131 346
5090 | email@example.com |
The human resources department is responsible for the implementation of appropriate recruitment procedures and PVG applications for contracted staff.
Fiona Wilson| Head of Human Resources | Scottish Rugby | Murrayfield Stadium | Edinburgh | EH12 5PJ
Tel: 0131 346 5000 | DL: 0131 346 5030 | Mob: 07753 898994 | Fax: 0131 346 5050 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Situations where the immediate safety of a child and/or children is a concern should be reported without delay to the appropriate statutory agency – the local police and/or social services child protection team.
Livingston Police Station
0131 311 3131