The RFU Codes of Conduct ensure that all adults within a rugby club clearly understand the acceptable standard of behaviour towards children and young people.
All club members must adhere to the relevant RFU Codes of Conduct:
• Club Code of Conduct
• Coaches Code of Conduct
• Young People Code of Conduct
• Parents Code of Conduct
• Spectators Code of Conduct
• Match Officials Code of Conduct
These Codes of Conduct are supported by the East Midlands Rugby Football Union and breaches will be reported for appropriate action to be taken.
Long Buckby Minis and Juniors ensures and makes available the following Codes of Conduct to all club officials, coaches, young players, medical support staff, parents and spectators etc. When joining the Long Buckby Minis and Juniors, you will be asked to sign to ensure you are aware of the various Codes of Conduct and must agree to abide by them. Breaching the Codes of Conduct will mean that appropriate action will be taken to ensure the well-being, safety and enjoyment of all young players.
The positive aspects of the sport e.g. fair play must be promoted.
Behaviour contrary to the spirit of the Laws of the Game or relevant regulations or the use of prohibited techniques or substances must never be condoned.
Long Buckby Minis and Juniors Code of Conduct ensures that:
• The rights, dignity and worth of young people are respected and treated.
• The physical and emotional well-being of all young players must be placed above all other considerations.
• The relationship developed between adults and young people with whom they work must be based on mutual trust and respect.
• All activities undertaken are appropriate to the age, maturity, experience and ability of the young players.
• Young players should be encouraged to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.
• Young players (and their parents/carers) are aware of what is expected of them both on and off the rugby field and also what they are entitled to expect from the coaches.
• Everyone, including coaches, officials, doctors, physiotherapists have been CRB checked.