Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Loughborough Dynamo FC


Dynamo and Gresley Share the Points

3 months ago By John Bryson

Loughborough Dynamo came from behind with ten men to earn a point in a 2-2 home draw with Gresley.

Dynamo started brightly in their penultimate home game of the 2017-18 season and came close to scoring in the fourth minute when Luke Foster beat Gresley goalkeeper Callum Hawkins but the Dynamo centreback’s header looper over the crossbar.

Dynamo’s next attack led to a sixth minute lead when Karl Demidh unleashed a left foot rocket which flew past Hawkins and went in off his right hand post.

In the seventeenth minute Demidh shot over from a free kick, by which point Gresley hadn’t made a serious attack of note, but then they threatened when Pearson Mwanyongo was put in on the Dynamo right but the Gresley wide man’s shot was blocked for a corner.

Demidh threatened to increase Dynamo’s lead in the twenty-eighth minute when Hawkins cleared the ball straight to the Dynamo number 10, but his shot from distance went straight at Hawkins.

A through ball in the thirty-third minute found Gresley front man Matthew Melbourne but a fine tackle by Jack Andrews cleared the threat. The final shot on goal of the first half came from Dynamo when Louis Keenan hit a swerving left footed shot which went just wide.

When Gresley came out for the second half they immediately took the game to Dynamo, with substitute Reece Morris prominent, and scored a deserved equaliser in the fifty-fifth minute when a corner was headed down and Morris turned the hall home.

Worse was to come for Dynamo in the sixty-first minute when a complete mix up in the home defence allowed Melbourne to place the ball into an empty net.

Dynamo tried to bring themselves level straight away, and substitute Josh Riley saw his header saved by Hawkins low to his left.

The match by now had become fractious, with Gresley still the better side, but the next chance fell to Dynamo. Demidh set up Riley who saw his shot blocked for a corner. A second corner was forced immediately, from which Andrews saw his headed saved by Hawkins.

This undercurrent to the game saw a scuffle break out after a foul in the eightieth minute, several players from both sides being involved. When things had settled Referee Elliott Kaye gave Gresley right back Matthew Roome and Dynamo centre back Carl Sibson a yellow card each. This was Sibson’s second of the match however, and he was duly sent off.

Dynamo drew level three minutes later. Demidh was fouled just inside the Gresley penalty area and took the resultant penalty himself, scoring with a powerful shot to Hawkins left.

Both sides went in search of a winner. Former Dynamo Shawn Richards went clear on the Gresley left and saw his shot blocked. Tolani Omotola then set up Riley for a shot which Hawkins saved.

As the match went into added time Demidh saw his Centre from the right skim Gresley’s crossbar. In the final goalmouth action of the game Dynamo conceded two corners in quick succession. From the second the ball was driven low across the face of the Dynamo goal and just eluded Morris, ensuring the two sides shared the points.

Updated 09:23 - 18 Apr 2018 by John Bryson

Where next?

Peter Reviews Last Week of the 2017-18 Season Loughborough Dynamo Manager Peter Ward has looked back at the last week of the 2017-18 season.
County Challenge Encounter Approaches Loughborough Dynamo have a Cup competition to still look forward to this season.


Loading comments

Sat 28 Apr
1st Team Alvechurch
League 2 – 3
Tue 24 Apr
1st Team Coalville Town
Cup 2 – 2
Sat 21 Apr
1st Team Newcastle Town
League 0 – 0
Tue 17 Apr
1st Team Gresley FC
League 2 – 2
Sat 14 Apr
1st Team Stamford
League 1 – 1

News sponsors


Club sponsors