Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Loughborough Dynamo FC


1st Team - Match centre

Oadby Town
Loughborough Dynamo
Sat 19 Aug 15:00 - The Emirates FA Cup 17-18 Full time Attendance 149

Oadby Town 1-3 Loughborough Dynamo

Dynamo reach next round in FA Cup with a win away at Oadby Town

Dynamo dominated the first half and only a combination of good goalkeeping and poor finishing kept the scores level at the break. Dynamo made two changes from the midweek away draw at Sheffield FC, Charlie Taylor starting in goal for the injured Scott Wardley and Sam Thorpe playing upfront for the injured Danny Quinn.
Dynamo pressed early and Ash Hodgkinson headed just wide from a Louis Keenan free kick. Paolo Piliero was orchestrating the play from midfield for Dynamo and his superb through ball released Luke Smithson clear on goal, his shot hitting the upright with Tom Hubbard well beaten. Impressive build up play between Tom Rigby and Luke Thorogood led to the latters cross reaching the unmarked Thorpe whose header was well blocked by Hubbard, the rebound falling kindly at Thorpe's feet who blazed over from 6yds. It was all Dynamo at this stage and the Dynamo faithful were left amazed on 20 mins when first Thorpe' effort was saved followed by another save from Thorogood who then hit the crossbar from within the 6yd box, Hubbards goal leading a charmed life. Thorpe then produced a fine through ball for Smithson who could only hit the ball straight at Hubbard when clear on goal. From a rare Oadby attack Jonathon Jackson-Brerary's shot was well saved by Taylor before he blazed over the bar with a speculative effort on 40 mins. Kennan produced a fine cross come shot which eluded everyone in the Oadby penalty area before Smithson shot over when put though by Alistair Smith. The final chance in the first half fell to Dynamo skipper Hodgkinson who headed just wide from a Keenan free kick.
Dynamo took the lead on 46 mins when Jack Andrews and Jared Holmes combined to release Rigby whose shot was saved by Hubbard but kindly fell to Thorpe who headed home to give Dynamo a deserved lead. Only a great saving tackle by Oadby's Keenan Towers prevented Thorogood from extending Dynamo's lead on 52 mins. Dynamo continued to dominate play but were unable to find the killer ball. Piliero came closest with a good ball to Smithson whose shot was just wide of Hubbards post. On 67 mins good play between Callum Steer and Tom Gamble created a good chance for Jackoson-Brerary but his first touch was poor and the chance lost. Dynamo pressure finally paid dividends when a Keenan corner was headed home by Hodgkinson on 74 mins and the game was finally put beyond Oadby when Thorogood was fouled in the penalty area by Towers and Edilson Antonio, making his debut for Dynamo, dispatched the resulting penalty with consummate ease. On 84 mins Oadby got their consolation goal when Steer crossed into the box beyond the Dynamo defenders for the unmarked Josh Walsh to score past Taylor. Dynamo saw out the remaining time and that added to progress to the next round of the FA cup.
Report by Brian Springthorpe

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors