Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The best way to keep up to date with Loughborough Dynamo FC


1st Team - Match centre

Loughborough Dynamo
Sat 7 Oct 15:00 - The FA Trophy 17-18 Full time Attendance 205

Dynamo exit FA Trophy

Stamford had not lost in their last five games and Dynamo kicked off against the wind which was blowing straight down the pitch.

There was plenty of effort but both sides struggled to create clear cut chances. Louis Keenan created some action down the left, and in the twenty fourth minute he chipped a pass to Ash Hodgkinson who put Edilson Antonio clear on the left but his cross was easily saved by home keeper Dan Haystead.

The home side took the lead on twenty eight minutes when they were awarded a free kick half way between the corner flag and the goalpost.

It looked like a training ground move as Jon Challinor calmly picked out unmarked Bradley Fortnam-Tomlinson whose well-placed header gave keeper Jaaskelainen no chance.

On thirty two minutes Paola Piliero combined with Jarred Holmes to release Alistair Smith, but his shot flew high over the crossbar.

Dynamo were strangely below par and though Stamford created few chances, Dynamo were always struggling to impose themselves, and just as we thinking that 1-0 would have been a good halftime time score, Dynamo were breached again in the forty fourth minute. A neat move down the right ended with a cross from Pearson Mwanyongo which was crisply struck into the bottom corner by Rob Morgan to put his side 2-0 up.

Dynamo looked more purposeful in the second half, with the wind at their backs and on 55 minutes Smith released Antonio who cut in from the left but his shot was deflected and saved by Haystead.

Smith then released Karl Demidh: he cut in from the right but his stinging shot was held by Haystead.

Dynamo worked to get into the game and but could just not create a clear chance and the game became a midfield battle, with neither keeper being seriously troubled.

Keenan went close with a free kick in the sixty sixth minute and Danny Quinn’s header was cleared minutes later, but in the seventy third it was Stamford who got the goal.

Eliot Putman got forward and crossed to Elliot Sandy who coolly slotted the ball past Jaaskelainen to give his side a 3-0 lead.

Dynamo did not buckle but did not look like scoring though they did create the final chance, however Quinn’s terrific shot produced a great save from Haystead to prevent a late consolation goal and to dump Dynamo out of the FA trophy competition.

Report by Frank Fall

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments

Team sponsors


Club sponsors