1. What we need from you
When you register as a member of LRHC or renew your membership we may ask you for some or all of the following personal information:
• Contact details – e.g. name, address, email address and phone numbers.
• Date of birth – to calculate age category and eligibility for hockey tournaments and events.
• Equality information – sex, gender, disability, ethnic group and religion.
• Safety and emergency details – e.g. Contact name and telephone number in case of injury.
• Membership & Hockey related details – date joined club, shirt number, playing position, and whether playing/non-playing, umpire, coach, volunteer, Vice President/Honorary member/Associate member.
• Availability for hockey matches and competitions and Club events.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need, this may affect our ability to offer you our membership services and benefits.
2. Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your relationship with us. We may use our members’ personal information to:
• Provide you with core member services, including confirmation of membership, weekly selection for matches, notification of Club activities (including notification of AGM).
• Organise Club activities.
• Register your membership, where necessary, with the representative bodies such as England Hockey, Suffolk Hockey, Norfolk Hockey etc.
3. Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• Provide you with news, updates and reports about the activities of the Club by producing Match Reports, a periodic Newsletter and an annual Club Handbook all of which may include images of members, partners and friends in both hockey as well as social context.
• Provide you with opportunities to get involved in Club matches, training, meetings or other events.
• Raise awareness of the Club’s activities by capturing photos, videos, or producing and publishing match reports. We will use this for promotion, and Club Development purposes.
• Respond to and investigate your questions, comments, support needs, complaints, concerns or allegations.
• Produce an Annual Handbook of Club officials’ details for contact purposes.
• Process payments and maintain subscription and match fee records.
4. Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes of complying with obligations under The Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
5. Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for other purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice explaining how we will use your information for these purposes.
6. Who we share your personal information with
If, for the purposes of complying with the requirements of hockey governing bodies, we pass on your personal data, they become a controller of your personal data and provide full details of how it uses your personal data in its own privacy notice and will not use it for any other purpose. Currently we are required to provide the following:
• Players names on Team Sheets to comply with League rules (Norfolk HA, East Men’s Leagues),
. • Club Officials names and contact details for Norfolk HA, Suffolk HA and East Hockey websites,
• Club Official names and contact details for our Annual LRHC Handbook.
Personal data will not be passed to any third party without prior permission from you.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure England, and UK Anti-Doping for the purpose of eliminating doping in sport. We may also share personal information with professional and legal advisors for the purpose of obtaining advice.
7. Third party suppliers with access to members’ personal data
LRHC may use third party suppliers to provide services. These suppliers may process personal data on our behalf as “processors” and are subject to contractual conditions to only process that personal information under our instructions and protect it.
In the event that we share personal information with external third parties, we only share such information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
• Pitchero host our website which contains details about our Club, matches, match reports, forms, newsletters and general information.
• Bank process payment transactions securely on our behalf.
• The Club has a Facebook Page which is used for Club publicity and development purposes.
• Coaches and event organisers receive details of training or competition participants.
8. How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is accessed by our Club Captains, Team Captains, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Secretary and Website manager, only for the purposes set out above. It is stored by our Club Membership Secretary in a password protected environment on computer database or paper documents in locked filing cabinets. Your personal data is transferred to any of the foregoing by inputting via password access onto computer database or emailed via a password-protected spreadsheet or document.
9. How long we keep your personal information
We only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for 3 years.
10. You have a right to:
• Change your communication preferences or restrict the processing of your personal data for specific purposes.
• Request that we correct your personal data if you believe it is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Request that we delete your personal information.
• Access the personal data that we hold about you through a “subject access request”.
You can contact us - the Data Controller (website manager) – Jamie Ayers, details in the Club’s Handbook.
Updated 13:45 - 3 Sep 2018 by Jamie Ayers