Although Lydney is one of the main towns of the Forest area the Severnsiders
have always led a very nomadic existence. With the town very much a Rugby
stronghold the football club has always found it difficult to exist and although the
club can trace its roots back to 1911 it never has had a sound base. The club
competed in the local leagues until 1952 when they were elected to the Glouces-
tershire Northern Senior League.
Ambitious plans to have our own clubhouse were still in the pipeline and a clubhouse was opened on Lydney Recreation Trust in 1990. In 1995 the club did the double by winning Division Two and the Forest Green Supporters Trophy, a feat they repeated in 1996-97.